What retpiles/ herps can be in a 20l and 29g aquariums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMaC

What reptiles/herps can be in a 20and 29g aquariums are there any that can be in 10gallon ones? Please use template

Animal Name = herp/rep/other = size tank
1.High or Low matenance
2.Good for School kids? Such as middle school?
3.Active during day?

Keep repeating template if you can!

ICoreyI

Sorry I can't really give you much information but I'm pretty sure some type of frog could be held in a tank of that size. I think a frog would be a cool pet for a middle schooler, considering I'm one myself. :lol:

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Animal Name = corn snake = 20 gallon
1.Low maitenance
2.Good for School kids? Such as middle school? yes
3.Active during day? yes

Animal Name = gecko = 20 gallon
1.High maitenance
2.Good for School kids? Such as middle school? not good for lots of touching (delicate skin) but fun to watch climb walls.
3.Active during day? no unless you trick them into thinking it's dark.

Animal Name = tarantula = 10 gallon
1.Low matenance
2.Good for School kids? Such as middle school? not for touching except by teacher, but fun to watch eat.
3.Active during day? yes

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
I think you can put anoles and long tailed lizards in a smaller tank, can't you?

Sorry I don't know all the specifics of those lizards, they just popped into my head.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
Crested geckos are good, and an adult can live in a 10 gallon (set on it's side) but the 20 gallon would be even better. They are good with kids but can be jumpy.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
as the above post suggested frog. The Whites tree frog looks like the ones from our fairy tale books

Animal Name = whites tree frog = 20 gallon
1. Low matenance - eats bugs, needs humidity
2.Good for School kids? Such as middle school? yes, must was hands before letting kids handle because things on our hands can make them sick.
3.Active during day? yes
link to the national zoo, there is some info for teachers on there.
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Animals/ReptilesAmphibians/Facts/FactSheets/Whitestreefrog.cfm

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Anoles need about the same care as beardies but they are much smaller

Animal Name = green anole = 20 gallon
1.High maitenance
2.Good for School kids? Such as middle school? yes, but more flighty, not as calm like a beardie
3.Active during day? yes

Animal Name = ball python = 20 gallon long or larger
1. Low matenance
2.Good for School kids? Such as middle school? typically very calm snake
3.Active during day? yes

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Rankins dragons basically look like a minature version of a bearded dragon and need same care.

Animal Name = Rankins dragon = 20 gallon long minimum 40 gallon breeder would be better.
1.High maitenance
2.Good for School kids? Such as middle school? yes
3.Active during day? yes

leopard gecko = rep = 10g, 20l either
1.High or Low matenance? low IMO. just crickets. mid 80s temp.
2.Good for School kids? Such as middle school? yes, get about 6-7 in. mellow, slow when theyre bigger.
3.Active during day? ah, no, theyre typically nocturnal.

Milk snake = herp = 20l
1.High or Low matenance? med to low
2.Good for School kids? Such as middle school? pretty docile. good for someone new to snakes
3.Active during day? yes

anoles = rep = 10-20l
1.High or Low matenance? low
2.Good for School kids? Such as middle school? NO!! almost impossable to hold, and theyre quick!
3.Active during day? yes

blue dumpy frog = amph = similar to a 20l only tall
1.High or Low matenance? low after initial setup
2.Good for School kids? Such as middle school? yea, can be personable.
3.Active during day? mostly

**KENYAN SAND BOA = herp = 20L
1.High or Low matenance? LOW and very uncommon, plus they have nice colors.
2.Good for School kids? Such as middle school? easy to handle, slow, docile
3.Active during day? yes? im pretty sure they are. but theyre burrowers.

Rosy Boa = herp = 20l
1.High or Low matenance? low
2.Good for School kids? Such as middle school? yea ver docile, and slow moving
3.Active during day? yes

BigMaC

Original Poster
So Many Answers! I LOVE IT! Few things I thought I would say .

1. The kids (other than myself lol) will NOT be touching the animals, they are mearly for the pleasure of watching them.
2. I (a 13yo) will be souly responsible for taking care of them, and as such need LOW mantanace pets because I am already responsible for 2 Purple Pinchers (land hermit crabs) 1 suckerfish 1 angel fish and 2 fish of wich I am not sure name of but are deffinatly fresh water.
3. I am thinking about this kind of set up

29g = Leopard Geckos (2 - 4 females?)
20l = Boa
10g = PP's (they are in it already I know . . .)
10g = anoles
10g = green tree frogs (3 or 4 females) or a north ameriacan toad
10g = taranchula

and the last 10g can be used for emergency pourposes

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
If you don't want someone to have to take them home on the weekends you may want to rule out the animals that need to be fed on a daily basis. Also, animals that require uv lighting/ heat will need to have a timer set to turn their lights on off when there is no one there to do it.

BigMaC

Original Poster
Good Point, for the herms we just leave in Fridays food for Sat and Sun. Maby we could do that for the other days?

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Snakes or tarantulas would be fine because they don't need to eat daily, but an anole or gecko I wouldn't want to leave all weekend.

BigMaC

Original Poster
eeekkkkkk, I really would rather not have to bring mr.gecko home EVERY weekend, but if I end up having to do it. . . it wouldn't be *THAT* bad. I'll have to talk to my teach bout' it. :mrgreen:

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Well, If you get a small animal that doesn't need uv you can have the kids take turns bringing it home on the weekends in a plastic critter keeper for extra credit or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mei mei
Top Bottom