What Made You Pick YOUR Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Jason, your story is so heartwarming, and teary. Best rescue story ever.
I think I need to cry now.

I originally had picked two dragons out of a litter from a local breeder, and a friend of mine wanted one also so I went back one day to get one more from the breeder... he only had three males left (about 7 weeks old at that point) and as I tried to pick each one up, looking for one with the most color, I touched Franco who STOOD UP balancing on his tale with this screw you look on his face. I laughed and the breeder just said "well thats just weird"... and after looking at eachother for a minute, and feeling like I had an attitude challenge on my hands, I picked him out of the tank (after a chase) and took him home with me... I loved my other two but couldnt help myself, I gave both of them to my friend and kept franco for myself... now when I see the breeder and have him with me, all he'll say is that Franco is the most faithful dragon he's ever seen... he never leaves my side when I have him out.

atreyu917

Juvie Member
Well my very first beardie Darwin (who sadly passed away after struggling 6 months) was the only one they had in the Petland close to my house. Normally I absolutely hate that store but we had to go in to get a live fuzzy for one of our snakes, and he looked very lonely and sickly. I had been looking to get a beardie for a long time, but was having to wait because my Petco didn't have any since it wwas hard to ship them in winter. Well, since I already had everything set up at home, I figured I at least should ask to see him. Well, the guy handed him to me and walked away....someone could have easily stole him then who knows what would happen. The guy obviously didn't care about teh shape he was in, so I took him home. Paid $100 for a sickly normal colored beardie. He was worth every penny. Although from the beginning he never really ate on his own. So I asked the vet who I worked for at the time and he told me to feed him a mixture of A/D and water to keep him hydrated and give him a bit of energy. that worked for awhile, but it was an up and down roller coaster till finally I had to make the decision to let him go. He was always a fighter, but when I began feeding him the mixture again he suddenly began throwing up what I just fed him. He had given up, and I felt selfish for making him continue as long as I did. So I had him euthanized, It broke my heart...but shortly before that I had bought another beardie to keep him company and maybe lift his spirit (but I think God knew I was going to lose Darwin) so I got Dave....

I went to Petco when they finally got some and there were about 5 dragons in the tank. Me being the sucker that I am, I picked the smallest runt. He was still a little fattie and just the most laid back little monster. He has since been the most amazing guy ever. Very gentle and kids love him and he's been like that since day 1.

And in July,along came Yoshi. Who is the complete opposite of Dave. She is a sweet heart....when she wants to be. Not intentionally mean, but she is a lot more wiggly and feisty than Dave ever was! She is insane. haha. But I love her anyway. Well anyways, I went to Repticon back in July and me and my boyfriend just planned to look around and see what they had and really had no intention on buying anything. Well.....Georgia Bearded Dragons was there with several big tubberware with several litters of dragons. They were absolutely phenominal. I will admit what attracted me to Yoshi first was her colors. It was between 2 of them but Yoshi was the one who just sat in my hand so i knew she was mine. All the way home she rode on my knee in the car and basked in the sun. She is the cutest thing ever....

Yeah, sorry for the long story! haha.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
we did not know when we would get our beardie, we didn't know how we could manage one any time soon. we walked into the petstore to get catfood,my mom and i went in the room with fish and reptiles,the second we looked at the cage, one of the two that had arrived that morning,ran up to the cage, cocked the head sideways,and winked,it was all over now.

Cyndi

Fred was the only one left of the five or six he had gotten. He had been there for about a month and he just seemed to have a mellow personality. Boy i had no idea that he was just acting. Kinda the same with Hef. He was the last one that wasn't marked for someone else. one they were just holding to see if it went a different color route than your normal grayish. I coulda had him (Store owner was kinda pushin me to take him) but decided to take hef cause he was like a mini Fred. Once again, this one was acting too. I think if i get another, i'm pickin first or see if i can find one in need in the classifieds.

We drove an hour and a half away to a breeder...there were a lot to choose from. It was my son who was getting the beardie..so I let him choose. He held them in his hand..one after another..at about the 6th one he said this is the one I want. lol
He knew exactly what he was looking for and when he saw it..he wanted it... :)
So now we have chicko!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom