what just happend! PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozen

Hello, I just got some water for dudley as was watching him drink when all of a sudden he started like opening his mouth and biteing his tounge and makeing werid noeses! It was quite strage i rushed here to get onto this site thinking he was going to die but when i got back he was fine. Any ideas why he was doing this? I can post more info if needed.

Rozen

Original Poster
Um, He was also like twitching alot when he eats now. I think it could be MBD. What should i do?

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Rozen,

It's hard to imagine MBD as I know Dudley's husbandry is all good--still using the T-Rex I presume? The only thing I can think is, is it possible he's getting too much calcium? I know that can sometimes cause twitching. You are supplementing 5 meals per week, yes? With calcium powder rather than liquid? It's hard to imagine that causing an overage of calcium. Are you feeding anything other than crickets? Any high calcium feeders such as phoenix worms? Butters? Hm, it's just very hard to say.

As to the water/mouth open/weird sounds, could he have possibly just aspirated, took in too much at once and was trying to get it down? Occasionally, our girl will gobble too many crickets at one time, and have to take a moment to open up and then chew a few times... was it just a one time thing, or is he still displaying the behavior?

I wish I had some sage wisdom and/or advice to give. Ah, and it's quite late. Most of the mods are east coasters... I imagine someone will be on tomorrow to offer more however.

I'll keep checking back in. Hang in there.

Em

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
It looks like Tracie (Drache613) is still on the forum this evening... perhaps you might want to try PMing her?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom