what is up with my bearded

Status
Not open for further replies.

lpdjstitch

Original Poster
ok i just checked it, it works i hope this helps sorry i still got to clean the outside of the glass but the gage is clean i still got to put the probes back in ill try to get a pic of the fixture im trying to put on the tank too to show you how big it is and how the basking light wont fit

lpdjstitch

Original Poster
i have one of those fixtures i went to the pet store today to look at them i found one that was small take up half the tank i didnt know if it was enough how in the world would i put the uvb hanging inside i thought they had to be so far from the uvb i would need some pics of that i dont see how that would work you are awsome thank you so much for helping. oh back to the pet store when i went i looked at all the tanks they all have tubes not coils i talked to the guy he said they used coils what a crock of crap pet stores are a rip off im going to start buying his stuff online.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
lpdjstitch":8c476 said:
i have one of those fixtures i went to the pet store today to look at them i found one that was small take up half the tank i didnt know if it was enough how in the world would i put the uvb hanging inside i thought they had to be so far from the uvb i would need some pics of that i dont see how that would work you are awsome thank you so much for helping. oh back to the pet store when i went i looked at all the tanks they all have tubes not coils i talked to the guy he said they used coils what a crock of crap pet stores are a rip off im going to start buying his stuff online.
Its enough although I would recommend you upgrade when you switch to a larger tank.As for hanging inside you wouldnt use a hood like the link I showed you you would actually get a hardware flourescent fixture and they have hang chains you can buy woth them with S hooks that you would hang on the tank but yes you would have to ake sure he couldnt get within 6-8 inches of it.If you check out the enclosure forum you may get some good ideas on how some folks have done that.

As for the pet stores unfortunately YUP they are full of it most times but its the devil you have to deal with sometimes unfortunately.I dont agree with alot of my herp stores ideas and they know it but they show me the respect to not try to push their ideas on me and I guess we have agreed to disagree :roll:

lpdjstitch

Original Poster
thank you for all your help my beardey couldnt have dont it without all of you i got my new reptisun tube he looks like hes doing alot better alot happier i put 20 crickets in there today he ate all of them he wants to thank you all so do i i will try to get pics of him and his cage up as soon as i can

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
lpdjstitch":fe6b4 said:
thank you for all your help my beardey couldnt have dont it without all of you i got my new reptisun tube he looks like hes doing alot better alot happier i put 20 crickets in there today he ate all of them he wants to thank you all so do i i will try to get pics of him and his cage up as soon as i can

So glad to hear he's doing better! Yep, there is just no substitute for good quality UVB!

The best,
Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom