What is normal bath behaviour!!!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruby84

Hello ALL!today i thought i would put my beardie in the sink while the warm water was running because i believe he is brumating and hasnt come out of his hide all week!!Once i put him in after a moment he started rubbing himself all over the sink and laying flat , squirming all around scrathing the surface..and to be quite honest he was acting just like a cat would when they rub all up and around your legs only he was doing this with the sink it lasted about ten mintues, usually when i put him in the sink he is trying to jump out immediatly but today it was as if he was almost enjoying himself, im just wondering if this sounds normal!! It was pretty funny to watch!!

jeserah

Sub-Adult Member
What a cute story! :)
I hear that some beardies love their baths and will "swim" around and hang out in the water without a problem. Others will act like they're about to drown and give their owners the super-death stink eye. Still others find it a "necessary evil" in which to leave behind their... um... waste products. I think it depends on the beardie, but perhaps the water felt good on it's skin, or it's going to shed soon? I'm not sure, but the reaction seems normal enough :)

I don't even pretend to understand beardies and water. When I first got Jabberwock, he hated baths and tried to run away whenever I sprayed him. Now he loved being sprayed - he moves towards the nozzle, climbs up and into the open, and stretches his body out to catch more of the spray - but doesn't seem to drink any of it. He never licks his lips or his surroundings, just stands there, getting sprayed, swallowing with his mouth closed. I should probably try giving him a bath soon and see if his opinion of baths has changed, too. My luck, he'll want to do something else totally bizarre with baths.

So, I can't really help you, but I'll keep an eye on the thread.

ruby84

Original Poster
yes it was most definetly funny to watch, beardie always trys to escape the sink when i put him in and somtimes in the bath he does poop but maybe this time it was because i didnt fill the sink i just let the water run, i will have to test his antics out again next week, he seems more chipper this morning as well, he came out before i fed him and waited on his log for me to bring the food, another funny thing he does ..for his morning eating ritual..(when he comes out) is to perch up on his log and blow his beard out, its the only time a day ..well when im around that i notice he does this, once he seems me pull his greens out of the fridge he starts the puffing, so cute!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom