What is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj88

My husband and I rescued this beautiful guy. We have never seen a beardie like this so we were wondering if anyone knew. He has patches of red coloring that has no pattern, he also is white in places. His nails are clear and he has normal eyes. He is very big, significantly bigger than our female. We would love to know what anyone thinks. Thanks!
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Do you know if he was kept on colored sand? The red looks like it could be stains that have shed off in parts. In the picture of his foot, it looks like he has the typical black line on the top of the nail. In a hypo dragon this would be absent.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....it's a normal scaled red beardie....the patches you see is just an uneven shed. The grey will eventually shed off to match the rest of his color, but it may take a while. Soak him for 10 minutes every other day to loosen it up. He'll look pretty when he's done. :)

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, that's quite a shed. When that's done, the red/orange coloring will be awesome.

Good job in rescuing him. His fat stores could fill in some more on top of his head. How is his appetite and what does he eat?

As AHBD said, baths really help loosen up the shedding. When they shed, they really get dried out and offering oral fluids as well as the baths would be a good idea. Can never really over hydrate.

cj88

Original Poster
I've had him for a few months he shed awhile ago and this is how he ended up looking.

cj88

Original Poster
Mainly greens every week or so he will eat 10-15 super worms or up to 50 crickets.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not sure if you've seen this, but here's a site that shows the best foods to feed in green print: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

So, he's eating fresh greens/veggies daily? Did you mean 10 to 15 superworms or 50 crickets daily or weekly?
How often are you dusting his feeders with calcium & vitamins?

Is he quite active? Has he lost weight recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
617781l
Top Bottom