What in your opinion is the all time best feeder insect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burt1016

Juvie Member
Original Poster
me 2. my beardie loves dubias but coloinie is slow so he gets a dubia a few times a week... :)

burt1016

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yeah i like roaches... but i went to scales and tales (colorado) and they gave (i bought) 20 lobsters.... just to see if they are good. i did put patrolium jelly and it really does stop them in their traks :D

Akeath

Gray-bearded Member
If we are talking about purely nutrition wise, I'd have to go with silkworms. However, with the amount of care added in they certainly aren't the all time best. With care and health both added in, I'd go with phoenix worms. Pity Hope doesn't realize they're edible.

burt1016

Juvie Member
Original Poster
have you tried roaches? they are real good easy bred no odor best of all burt loves them!!!!!!

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
burt1016":badd1 said:
yeah i like roaches... but i went to scales and tales (colorado) and they gave (i bought) 20 lobsters.... just to see if they are good. i did put patrolium jelly and it really does stop them in their traks :D
last time I went there the only roaches they had were hissers and they didn't know of anybody that were breeding dubia for sale

burt1016

Juvie Member
Original Poster
go to scales and tales and get lobbies. they are not really like dubia they can climb but put vasoline and they will stop. they also breed REALLLLLLYYYY fast to fast. i bought 20. now i already got like 50...

Dave94

Gray-bearded Member
Most nutrition : Silkworms
Easiest available : Roaches or Crickets
Easiest to breed : Roaches
Overall : I'd say roaches, though if silkworms didn't cost as much and need as much care they would win hands down.

augsburg1530

Juvie Member
While roaches will crawl all over their viv, Dubia roaches are actually shy, plus they don't climb so they don't climb around the sides or lid of their container. Lobster roaches can climb, but a little barrier of vasaline around the top sides of their container keeps them in. My lobsters almost never climb the side of their container unless disturbed. They stay in their egg crates and live the modest life of a happy roach!

Eric

Trogdor80

Hatchling Member
Crickets: Noisy, stink, high maintanence, carry lots of parasites, But they are cheap and everywhere(local or online) carries them. can be breed

Supers: No noise, no stink, low maintanence, cheap, everywhere(local or online) has them, adult dragons only because of shell. can be breed

Roaches: no noise, no stink, low maintanence, easy to breed. everywhere online carries them

Butters: no noise, no stink, no maintainance, kinda pricy. can't be breed

Phoenix: no noise, no stink, no maintainence, really pricy. can't be breed

Haven't tried silkies or enough hornies to say.

burt1016

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Trogdor80":5745c said:
Crickets: Noisy, stink, high maintanence, carry lots of parasites, But they are cheap and everywhere(local or online) carries them. can be breed

Supers: No noise, no stink, low maintanence, cheap, everywhere(local or online) has them, adult dragons only because of shell. can be breed

Roaches: no noise, no stink, low maintanence, easy to breed. everywhere online carries them

Butters: no noise, no stink, no maintainance, kinda pricy. can't be breed

Phoenix: no noise, no stink, no maintainence, really pricy. can't be breed

Haven't tried silkies or enough hornies to say.

so what is the #1? roaches???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom