What in the world is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damieboo

Hatchling Member
I found this on one of my beardie's logs this morning. No idea when she passed it. And this isn't all of it, I thought this huge piece was a giant maggot or freshly molted superworm but it was too big to be either. I'm guessing it's urate? This piece was connected to another big pile of white stuff. No regular poo anywhere near it. Twice the size of her normal poos. Beardie in question is Baby, female, 2 years old. I give her water from a syringe every other day so she's not dehydrated at all. She doesn't normally pass big urates either so I don't think it's a matter of overhydration...

Is it nothing to be worried about? It's just so BIG. :shock:

6XqATka.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I think it may turn into a butterfly. :lol: Oh boy, that is an odd thing....did she eat a hornworm ? t does look like some type of worm or larvae.....

Damieboo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Nope just supers and some dubia the last couple of weeks. She's been a little lethargic the last few days but I didn't think anything of it till I saw this crazy thing. I'll give her a bath and see if she passes anything else, maybe she was plugged up and not feeling good.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The way you described the rest of her poo on that same day [ all white ] is pretty odd. Hopefully it's just a one time thing . What type of supplements do you use with her, and what are her length + weight ?

Damieboo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have reptical dust without D3 (that's the right kind, right?) that I occasionally dust her collard greens with but lately she's been refusing greens. She did eat a bunch of banana a couple days ago. She's 16 inches long, 306 grams. She's always been kind of small (hence the name :) ) so I would have expected a poo of that size from my 600 gram beardie Damien.

Here's a size comparison of Baby and Damien.
10342919_10153104659089572_2468268737031657797_n.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Nice pics of the girls ! Well, I think there's a god possibility that it was the banana. :) And the calcium powder is fine if you use an HO T5 Reptisun or a mercury vapor bulb or if the dragon gets out in the sun regularly. Otherwise it would be good to use calcium WITH D3 at least once a week.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Bet she was pleased to get rid of it....

My money would be on it being a superworm (this is why when I give supers to my big bluetongues and to Rex my big girl, I always nip their heads, my theory is it make it easier for the lizard to digest the big worm especially of they essentially just hoovered the worms down and hardly chewed them at all.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Another 1 year old thread pulled up . :)

Maybe it was a superworm wrapped in banana . :lol: No, but it would have been large sections of banana since this is much thicker + not the color of a superworm and superworms are not segmanted like that. Possibly a bit of both [banana and superworms, mostly banana]....and superworm heads don't do any damage when eaten by any dragon that is near full size, I've never had a single problem or an off color poo in any of my dragons due to superworms in over 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom