What!?! How does THIS make any sense?!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaxtor99

Hatchling Member
So, the past few days, I've watched and fed this fierce slayer of Dubia nymphs 47, 62, and 48 nymphs each day respectively.

Today, I get the scale from UPS that I purchased on Amazon a few days ago. I zero the scale out with a container to measure him in. And this mighty bug slayer weighs all of 14 grams. I mean this guy looks like he has a belly bigger then Santa lately with all the Dubias that he's been chomping on.

I have forgotten the conversion of grams to ounces since my high school days, so a quick Google search tells me that it's like 28.6 grams to an ounce, thus meaning Rocky weighs all of a HALF AN OUNCE! I mean a standard Snickers bar weighs like 4 Rocky's, lmao. A king size Snickers would be like 7 or 8 Rockys!

I dunno, something about that... "A half on ounce" just cracks me up. :lol:

I do know one thing... For weighing so little, these little guys are pretty "Bad Azz", just sayin' :D

Okay, okay, I'm weird, sorry.. lol. :lol:

Zaxtor99

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
For sure, my daughter was saying that 62 Dubia bugs "wasn't that many" yesterday as I prepared our dinner and she reasoned that by telling me "those bugs are tiny!"

So I reminded her that compared to Rocky, each one of the bugs is probably about as big as 2 or 3 eggs to us. So then I did the math and told her that Rocky eating 62 Dubia nymphs would be like her or I eating between 124 and 186 scrambled eggs in a day. Then her eyes widened and then I watched as a light come on inside her and she quickly asked me "Dad, why does it have to be eggs? Why can't it be candy bars?!? - I like THAT better!" :lol:

..Kids. :mrgreen: ..Gotta love 'em :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom