What have you done for your beardies birthday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
So in 2 weeks, Ms Priss will be 18 months! I know it's not an "official" birthday, but I figure hitting the adult landmark is pretty special, even if my little girl continues to be spoiled like a baby food-wise until she finishes growing. I'm ordering hornworms for her now that I think she's big enough not to choke on them, and I'm going to make a treat salad with food she loves but doesn't get often, like raspberries . But I feel like I should get something for her tank too... A bigger hide (although she fits perfectly fine in hers) or one of those magnetic ledges maybe, although it won't really work in her new viv we're building, I don't think. So I'm looking for ideas, what have you equally crazy people done for your dragons on their big days?

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
I haven't done anything yet, but my "pride and joy" is going to be one in two months and i'm getting her a 75 gallon tank upgrade. :blob8: Obviously it's something i wanted to get anyways but i'm planning on waiting until her birthday to get it. So see you aren't the only one who wants birthday surprises for their beardie.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Here are Pookie's first birthday pics:

2008_09-06b.jpg

2008_09-06c.jpg

2008_09-06d.jpg

2008_09-06e.jpg

2008_09-06f.jpg

2008_09-06j.jpg

Yeah, I went a tad overboard.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
hahahahahahahaaaaahaaaaaaaa, that is probaly one of the top 5 coolest things i've ever seen on this site. Soooo awesome. Had I thought of it first i would have done the same thing.

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
HAHAHA Goonie, that made my day! Not planning anything that extreme (this time) but we'll see.

I would LOVE to get her in her new viv for her birthday, but as anyone with a small child knows, time to work on something like that is scarce, lol.

DragonsInKansas

Sub-Adult Member
I know the feeling (not the kids part but the the being short on time part) I'm just lucky in that my gf got a job at a petstore and they let them order anything they want at the cost they pay for it. So i'm getting a 75gallon tank for the price I paid for my 30gallon breeder.

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Nero will be one on August 5th... I plan on posting tons of pics on his thread that show him from babyhood on up to now. I might do a photo shoot with him and Daddy's car (Corvette). I think he needs a new stick too... his big behind can't manuever on his old one so well. I need to find a hat.. or make one. His favorite foods tre greens beans and cantaloupe, so I will definitely make sure he has some of those. Maybe I can get Daddy to build him a new basking spot....HMMMMM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom