What finally cured Narley!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's been a little while since I've posted photos! Here's a little update -

Pushkin - he is brumating! He will be semi-awake some days, and eat a little, but he has been snubbing food and sleeping for a couple days at a time. He's doing great though!

Narley - he's growing! :mrgreen: He's just adorable. He has coccidia (stupid Petsmart crickets, I think), so he's being treated for that. His poop is still water-y and a bit reddish, so I'm worried about him. He's half-way through treatment, though, and eating like a champ!

Here are some photos of Pushkin - will add Narley photos in a bit!

2prb6mp.jpg

168eous.jpg

sv00g0.jpg

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Pushkin is so handsome. Are you having to wake him every few days or does he wake on his own? The brumation thing still confuses me some. Someone needs to print a book on brumation describing what we should do. Ex. Sleep 3 days, wake 4th day, give bath and water, bask for a bit the back to sleep for 3 days. Don't feed them.... (Just rambling on, don't take my advice please!)

Poor Narley! He can't catch a break. That's great he is still eating while on meds. Are you going to switch live feeders to so etching other than crickets?

Can't wait to see some Narley pics!

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks! I still can't get over how orange he is as an adult. :D He gets so bright!
I am so with you on the brumation thing - I really have no idea what to do. He must be just at about a year old so I wasn't sure if he even would brumate. He has been acting sleepy for about a month now, though. Last week, he was looking out the window, and when I checked him, he'd pooped on the blanket (he NEVER does that, he only goes when he's having his daily bath) and his beard and chest were JET black. Something told me that he was upset because he wanted to brumate, so I covered him up. He fell right to sleep and didn't wake up for 3 days, even though I kept his lights on their regular cycle.
He woke up on Wednesday, I think, and since then, he's been semi-awake but drowsy. He ate a few blueberries from me yesterday, but turned his nose up at roaches. Today, he's still sleeping. It feels so strange because I want to be playing with him and feeding him, but I know this is normal!

Here are some Narley photos! I used my cheap camera, so they aren't that good, but he's adorable. :mrgreen: He's shedding again, too - he's growing fast!

11ju2pz.jpg

21bo9k.jpg

2dmb0hc.jpg

2eekg2s.jpg

He did THIS the other day - scared me to death, it was hard getting him out!
30884dh.jpg

Look at that tummy!!! I know how to make fat dragons apparently... he was starting to get stress lines because I turned off his light and was taking pictures. :p I'm really mean.
iolvrs.jpg

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Hahaha!! I love the picture of him stuck in his log!!! The first picture reminds me of Tarzan or Godzilla hanging like that!! Narley is beautiful!

I didn't realize how much I missed Toki until I woke her yesterday. I have been waking mine every 3 days to give them a bath. I alternate days so they all get plenty if attention. Ember stayed in bed all day yesterday. I uncovered him but he turned around and burrowed back under them.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you!! I discovered when I got him that, even though babies are adorable, I really do think they are more handsome as they get bigger! I love how he is filling out! And oh my gosh, that tree... 10 minutes of careful shifting and maneuvering to get him out of there! :roll:
He loves to cuddle though. Pushkin loves to climb, and Narley loves to find cozy places to curl up in. :)
This is him right now:
27y8vmo.png

I know what you mean about missing them, though - when Pushkin is awake, I totally leave Narley to himself because I miss holding Pushkin so much!

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
It's been a while since I've posted an update!

Both dragons are doing well - Pushkin is brumating, so he's been spending most of his time sleeping! Narley also got a clean parasite report, which was great news. He had to go through 5 weeks of treatment for coccidia to get rid of it! He has a small spot on his tail that concerns me now (it looks like his scales were scraped off - I think from shedding). I've been putting Neosporin on it though, and it's looking better.

I have a couple new photos of them sleeping at night - they sleep on different sofas in the living room at night. :mrgreen:

207508k.jpg

20p2c6r.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Cute little sheddyhead. It's nice when they fall asleep curled up on furniture or in a blanket at night. I'm glad to hear they're both doing well =)

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks!!! Narley loves falling asleep on my daybed - he and Pushkin are so different from each other, it's really interesting. Pushkin will climb as high as he can any chance he gets, but Narley is a little burrower. He's always digging into the carpet, under pillows, anywhere he can. :love5:

Pushkin went into deep-sleep-hibernation mode on my couch the other day and I let him stay overnight, but the next day I tried to move him and got this face:
:lol:
28v9fz9.jpg

His been fast asleep in his tank ever since!

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Narley had his very first beard! :) He has been a lot tamer than Pushkin was at his age, and when he was smaller and the two of them were in the same room, he would only wave when Pushkin would head bob. Up until yesterday, I'd never seen him beard up! Well, they were in the same room yesterday (Pushkin in his home and Narley out) and they saw each other. Narley gave a sort of half wave and then it almost seemed like he changed his mind - he puffed up his bearded and tried to take a dive at Pushkin through the glass!

I took Narley out of the room, but he stayed puffed up for a good 10 minutes afterwards! Below are some photos. :lol:

On a more serious note, Narley injured his tail about 7-10 days ago (I have no idea how! I think it a problem with shedding as he tail was shedding the day I noticed it), and now the scales are peeling off. Really considering taking him to the vet - I've been putting Neosporin on it, but I'm worried about him! Honest thoughts? I don't mind spending the money, but I don't want to go if it's just something that needs to heal up. Thanks for your thoughts!

2lcpq2h.jpg

20p57wo.jpg

2598tpw.jpg

281ho55.jpg

Here he is looking back at the room where Pushkin was!
261exdt.jpg

And his tail:
9k3uid.jpg

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
Pushkins face is hilarious! Looks like he hates being woke up!

I can totally picture Narley bolting towards Puskin! What did Pushkin think?

You should post pics of Narleys tail. I'm sure you'll get some helpful answers. How did he injure it?

Now i see the pics!

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Brezzy99":1l36hgwr said:
Pushkins face is hilarious! Looks like he hates being woke up!

I can totally picture Narley bolting towards Puskin! What did Pushkin think?

You should post pics of Narleys tail. I'm sure you'll get some helpful answers. How did he injure it?

Now i see the pics!

Hahaha he does!! He doesn't sleep all the time, but he is definitely in brumation mode - is always sleepy, hardly eats, takes 2-day long naps. He's not a fan of waking up until he's ready. :lol:

It was funny and a bit scary to watch the two of them interact now that Narley is bigger! When he was little, Pushkin charged his tank once, and Narley just sat there and waved. This time, they were both head bobbing and trying to bite each other through the glass! I guess they won't ever be friends.

I'm not sure how Narley hurt his tail. :( The only thing I can come up with is that it was a bad shed - I was still treating him for coccidia, and all he had in his tank were paper towels and a balled-up fleece blanket. He was shedding, and as his shed was coming off, I noticed the problem. :(

Brezzy99

Sub-Adult Member
His tail does look a little odd, but then again I'm no expert. Have you tried putting raw honey on it? If Narley were mine I would take him to the vet.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I haven't tried raw honey, but now that you say that, I do remember hearing a few people mention it! I've been watching it closely and using Neosporin to hopefully prevent infection - it was looking fine there for a while, but yesterday the scales started to peel back. He's got an appointment at the vet this afternoon - thankfully I was able to get him in today since I'm off of work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom