What finally cured Narley!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I just saw pictures of Waffles, and you're right, he looks a lot like Pushkin did when he was younger. :) When Pushkin was younger, he had a lot of yellowish brown and a little tiny bit of orange - now he's all orange! He's changed a lot with each shed.

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Some photos of Pushkin's outside colors! :love5: Took these while we were sitting in the shade on my balcony.

2m4yt6h.jpg

2kih53.jpg

So hard to believe that he used to look like this:

2liwkkx.jpg

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Yes, thank you, I have many pictures. Unfortunately, due to advancing age and technological ineptitude, I do not post them. :wink:

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Esther19":2hvztatd said:
Yes, thank you, I have many pictures. Unfortunately, due to advancing age and technological ineptitude, I do not post them. :wink:

That's too bad! I would love to see her!

Update on Pushkin - I received a call from his vet today. She was calling to let me know that they had the results on his follow-up fecal exam and that he was still positive for coccidia. :(

Long story short (and they didn't tell me this, I just put it together) - the vet assistant had trouble getting an accurate measurement on Pushkin last time because of the scale she was using. She ended up writing down 207 grams. Both of us shrugged, said, "That seems low, but whatever." I had no idea that Pushkin was going to need medication, and since I have never treated a reptile before, it didn't occur to me that his dosage would be based on his weight.

I took him back in because the vet suggested his weight may have changed - well, if anything, he has lost weight and he weighed in at 420 grams today! Needless to say, he's back on meds and a lot more of them. :( :( And just 5 days before I pick up his little brother! Such bad timing. :(

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Oh dear, so sorry to hear that Pushkin still has a large coccidia count. It does make sense that the antibiotic didn't clear them up if they had a lower wt down from what he actually weighed. Hopefully they will be under control very soon. Be sure to give him probiotics the whole time to help his tummy out.

He sure is a handsome guy, love his bright coloring. His wt actually looks good in the pictures, nice fat stores.

Wow, only 5 days to go until your new beardie arrives, how exciting!

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I will definitely be getting him some probiotics this round - I didn't last round because I couldn't find any, but I think he is really going to need them this time since it is his second time. None of my local pet stores - Petsmart, Petco, etc. - carry any animal specific probiotics. Can you recommend anything that I can get from the grocery store?

My roommate and I did take Pushkin outside for some real UVB today, and he loved it! I think I'll be taking him out every day, especially while on meds. Hopefully, it will help him feel better.

Of course, we took photos. :)

19mexf.jpg

6gvbif.jpg

(I was holding him, just let go for a second to block the sun from my eyes!)

315xsuw.jpg

His mouth and foot are already starting to shed again!

33w43fq.jpg

Me being a dork!

Such beautiful colors afterwards! The photo doesn't do him justice.
n4i68n.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
All of my beardies were very fond of Benebac gel and would willingly lick it off their noses. When they saw the tube coming toward them, they would get excited. Pet stores should have it or you can get it at either of these places: http://www.amazon.com/Bene-Bac%C2%AE-Bird-Reptile-4-Pack-tubes/dp/B00061MROU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1408406847&sr=8-3&keywords=benebac+gel+for+reptiles / http://www.bug-de-lite.com/Products%20Page.html Make sure it is the type for reptiles/birds. You could get fruit flavored SOY yogurt, so that's another choice. Make sure to keep him well hydrated with baths & offer oral fluids, even diluted 100% juices would be great.

It sure is obvious that he enjoyed himself outside, just look at that coloring. Love the picture of both of you smiling with him laying on your lap. Just too precious. :love5:

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you!! :love5:

And thank you for that information, that is very helpful. I was able to find Bene-Bac on Petco's website, so I'm going to run by there and check again tomorrow. If not, I'll order some online and try soy yogurt while I wait!

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Going to look for probiotics this afternoon, but it already seems like the new dosage of meds is having an effect on Pushkin's appetite. Normally he can eat 30 7/8 inch roaches without blinking, but today he stopped after about 10, had some greens, and then went to bask on his stuffed dog (which, sadly, I have to throw away because of the coccidia, I guess).
I did take him out in the sun again before he ate - amazing how much it perks him up!! :mrgreen:

Pushkin

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I take that back about his appetite - he just devoured another 13 roaches and mustard greens. Such a pig, even when he's sick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom