What else can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
I am getting so frustrated. I have had Spyro for 9 days, and I think his relocations stress is getting worst, his beard and belly have stress marks so bad that it is almost all black. I have not got him to eat more than 5-6 small dubia or crickets a day, other than once he ate 10 but it seems like he is less interested each day. I have been trying to be very patient with him and only handle him for baths (he is in the process of shedding, which has gone on 9 or more days now). So today I thought maybe it was his reflection because he jumped into the glass unprovoked today, well I removed his background and put computer paper (all I had) along the whole inside of the tank. I think that made it worst because now he is eye bulging. He is in my bedroom so there is like no foot trafic besides me. Like I said I have not been bothering him by handling or anything. What should I do? He seems to be getting worst everyday.
Uvb: Reptisun 10.0, he is within 8 in of it
Basking spot: Measured by probe: 103-104 F
Substrate: Tile
Viv: 20L

Anything else you need to know just ask.

Mumtozeus

Hatchling Member
Hi, is he pooping? Has he lost weight at all? It could be a mixture of moving home and shedding at the same time
Both these things are very stessful for them and shedding can be irritable for them. I would see how he is in a few more days and if he's still the same take him to the vets check to be sure
Does ge eat any veg or salad ?

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He is pooping. To me he looks to be loosing a little weight, I am going to get a gram scale today. He has maybe had 3 bites of veggies since I brought him home. I have been trying to be patient, but he just seems to not improving.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I will be going to the vet if it doesn't improve in about 5 day. I figured I would give him 2 weeks. I just don't want to make it worst by traveling 30 min to the vet. I am used to relocation stress because of the geckos, just have never had it last this long and my geckos never lost their appetites this bad.

Mumtozeus

Hatchling Member
I believe win beardies can take anything from a few days to weeks, I know it's hard and you worry all the time, try swell on his nose dripping a little bit of water to keep him hydrated , mine now licks it off my finger
I hope he's ok and sure it will be stress

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
He has been drinking about every other bath. So he has been staying hydrated. I hope he bounces back, his previous owners didn't give him good care so he wasn't in the best health when I got him.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Ok I grabbed a new halogen flood light, I did have a soft white one, and bumped up basking temp to 105-107F. Now we will see if that makes a difference. Of course, I forgot to grab a new gram scale! I will have to go back later tonight or tomorrow so I can watch his weight.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Well either the temp raise has helped or he wanted to make a liar out of me, but this morning he ate over 15 small dubia. So hopefully he continues getting better.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks, I told myself I wasn't going to worry about it much until it really became a problem but I'm a spaz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivannam17
Top Bottom