What do you use to disinfect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalie75

I made the change over to tile last night (was using repti-carpet) and I need to know what you guys use to disinfect things. The last thing I want is to kill my beardie because I unknowingly used harmful toxins to clean his cage.

gwookkim

Hatchling Member
disinfect the tile?
maybe this is a dumb question... but why disinfect the tile? unless there is something wrong with ur beardie?

i just scrub the tiles off in lukewarm water every week.

if there is something wrong, like a parasite or for watever reason, i use a bleach solution diluted in water. the only thing is watever i disinfect that way i let dry out completely for at least four days.

hope that answered ur question. :D

kariann

Hatchling Member
I use chlorhexadine (i.e. brand Nolvasan) solution and dilute it to a 2% concentration. It is used as a surgical disinfectant and is very safe at that strength. You can buy it online easily and the generic is a lot less expensive than the brand. It is important to order chlorhexadine "solution" and not the "scrub." I would caution against using bleach on anything that you plan on using again right away in the viv: it can take a long time for those fumes to dissipate.

I use antibacterial dish soap diluted with water...I have a scrub brush handy with it and simply paper towel up the 'poo' and spray the tile with the diluted soap and give it a couple of scrubs...wipe up the area and I'm done. The whole process takes about 3 minutes and the tiles clean...I have a tote handy for the times that the 'poo' ends up on a rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom