What do you use for a bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ophiophilist

Hatchling Member
When my dragon was a small baby I let him sleep on one of my shirts to get used to my scent, now that he's older I've purchased a cheap fleece blanket from Walmart (it was $3) and cut pieces off of it to wrap him up in. I'm thinking of getting a mini dog bed or something similar when he's grown up - what do you use for a beardie bed?

Synastral

Hatchling Member
TSKOBEq.jpg

It was like 10 bucks at petco. i wanted to get him a bigger and softer bed but it was like 30 and i only had 20.

nursejones813

Juvie Member
Have you guys dragons always slept in beds? Mine sleeps on a log. Do people typically get soft beds for their dragons? I'm not opposed. I just never considered it.

Synastral

Hatchling Member
my baby always slept in his bed the first day i bought it. he commonly goes over there during the day too.

Spoony

Sub-Adult Member
As of right now, Zero sleeps on the floor of his viv in his cave on the warm side. Last night I threw in the washcloth I dried him off with after his bath and he slept half on/half off that. I've tried wrapping him in a shirt, but he always squirms out. Perhaps when he's older and I can get him a bigger viv, I'll look into getting/making him a bed of some sorts. (He's in a 40gal now and I'm hoping for a 75gal at some point in the future)

Leonard sleeps on a hammock cushion with a little stuffed red fox for his pillow and wrapped in his purple dish towel and Sammy likes sleeping on or under my old grey wife beater. :sleepy2:

wente013

My Sappho likes to sleep in her flax seed box, or else on her hammock. My new baby Achilles sleeps wherever he gets too tired to move from (it seems).

Jaycies

Okay, I'm giggling over here and maybe it's because I'm still saving up for my BD and all the fixin's so do not have her yet.

But a bed? Like my two small doggies have now? My big dog (65 pounds) sleeps in her soft kennel at night. So here I am, picturing myself with two small beds with sleeping dogs, one in a kennel and a BD in their own bed as well?

I'll not be able to sleep because of my loud laughter! :lol:

SkeptiBee

Hatchling Member
Right now Hermes has a wadded up T-Shirt of mine that he sleeps on. Sometimes he kicks it out from his hide though or burrows partially under it.

littlegoron

Hatchling Member
he slept on the floor of his viv on paper towel as a baby but after i had him a few weeks, i'd take him out before bed and let him fall asleep on me, then wrap him in a t shirt that smelled like me.

current bed is a shoebox with a towel and a soft t shirt in it, one i wore so it smells like me. sometimes he will go to bed in his cave on the slate tile but i always feel bad. he doesnt mind though. :) i am planning to get him a basket when he's full grown, that he can sleep in beside my bed at night. he really likes fleece blankets too so i might put one of those in it.

jstans84

Mine sleeps on her basking log. Well she does that unless she is mad at me. If she gets mad at me she will go into her hide and sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom