What do you love most about your beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a "just for fun" topic. :)

I have only had Loki for less than 3 weeks but I think my favorite thing so far is how he snuggles in and goes to sleep on my chest every night. He already seems to expect it - the first few nights he put himself to bed but since then he seems to wait for me to come get him and wrap him in his towel for bedtime. Then after I sit down to watch some TV he does a little "getting comfy" squirm and drifts right off. My husband thinks it's hilarious how I get the "baby" to sleep. :D

Mason

My juvenlile, Moon, does the same thing! He tries to slide under my arm or hand then just goes to sleep. I've let him sleep with my a few times. Only once have I woken up to find he wasn't on the bed. He was on the floor with my dog. Which I find amazing. That'd be my favorite thing, how Moon can be friends with my dog. They're both amazing. :)

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
It's hard to pick just one thing, but I'd say I really love how they express themselves. Visitors don't see it, but after you've been keeping beardies for years to start to pick up on the subtle things. The head tilts, the "feed me" glares, the glass dancing, the "happy basking colors", the arm waving, the tail wiggling, the clinging to your hands, the bedtime burrow-wiggle... this "language" fascinates me.

Momswims1

Juvie Member
So true! I have three if separate vivs, but where they can see each other. The communication between them is quite clear. I personally, love the stink eye I get when I bring them in from outside and they don't want to come in.
But seriously, the butt wiggle at bedtime is so absolutely adorable, esepcially my big, chubby beardie Kitty.

KimNorm

I think my favorite thing beside all the ones already mentioned are when I walked around from one room to another and Charlie doesn't want to leave that area and he leans with his body to try and stay where we are or clinging to my hand as if to say No Mom I want to stay with you.

Stolzieren

Hatchling Member
I love everything about poncho! she's so cute. I love to watch her run around, eat, observe her surroundings, everything! I've had her since may and she never ceases to amaze me.

JennyBeen

I'm literally brand new at dragons, and just go our first this past weekend (though my fiance has had them before as a child). But while I was really just expecting a larger, more easily handled gecko, I'm already taken with what a snuggle bunny ours is! He's so calm and trusting; as I mentioned in my introduction, he curled up in my arms and slept the whole car ride home, despite not knowing me, or having been in a car before!

It's like having a living stuffed animal, he's so sweet! And it's only been a few days! Hopefully he doesn't change, but his previous owner says that's exactly how he is :). So in love <3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom