What do you house your bulk crix in

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheese

Hatchling Member
i have a lees crix keeper and i order 500 half inch ones. i heard some people put them in rubber made containers but how do you get them out, do you scoop them in a cup and put foil over it cause i think that is what i am going to do. opinions would be apprieciated sorry about spelling

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hi.
I keep mine in a 10 gallon tank with some egg crate and some empty paper towel or toilet paper tubes. I usually get a baggie, hold the baggie in the tank, pick up the paper towel tube, and shake the end of it into the baggie. For some reason they like to gather in the tubes, so it makes it very easy.

I have one of those big bins the clear ones so you can see inside ( I got mine @ walmart for $5) ,I drilled holes on it and put my 1000+ crix with a bowl of water gel and crix food from flukers and put egg crates inside :mrgreen:

PuffMagic

Juvie Member
I use papertowel tubes as well although they do like to eat them so I replace it everytime I get a new empty papertowel roll. I shake them into a ziploc container to dust them then dump them into my feeding container! Works wonders:)

pieters

Hi we new at this and need some help please. We live in Zimbabwe and the only crix we can get are from South Africa. I have mannaged to "import" a few boxes every few weeks but.... How do i get them to breed. More often then not when i open the container, a million mini flies fly out! are these the babies? and what home made suggestion do you have for a breeding container! i dont have a wal mart so any help would be GREAT! thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaineyPoo
Top Bottom