What do stress markings look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbattisti

Juvie Member
I've done a bunch of Googling, but I can't find a picture of what stress markings look like. Does anyone have a pic?

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
lilblack94gt":1990b said:
Do young beardies have stress marks all the time? Mine seems too. Just was wondering... :?
It's common for them to have these stress marks while they are going thru relocation stress when you first get them...but if it last more than 2 weeks I'd go over my set up. Because temps that are to low and the incorrect UVB bulbs can also cause this.

Note those marks may also be present in the morning before they warm up fully.

My beardie has stress marks, can you please help?
here is a picture
thanks

kdk_0087.jpg

kdk_0101.jpg

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
My beardie has stress marks, can you please help?

How long have you had your beardie?

What type and brand of UVB bulb are you using?
And what are the other bulbs you have as well as wattage?

What are you taking your temps with? And what are your temps?

lilblack94gt

Hatchling Member
I have had Sam for about 2 months now. The temps range from 90-115 on the basking side and 80 on the cool side. I am using a digital therm with a probe to test the temps. I have a 24inch Repti Glo 10.0 UV bulb on her 40 gal breeder.

I just moved her into her 40 gal setup from a 20 tall setup. Could that have stressed her out? She is eating and pooping like normal. And she is pretty active.

other than the markings on her tummy, she seems fine. Unless you count her beingsquirmy when I try to pick her up.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Okay the reptiglo is not the best of UVB's for beardies but I have heard that if you use a bright bulb along with them and put them at a different distance you can get away with it. Also the UVB tube should be closer to the length of the viv...so you may want to purchase a longer one. I'd get a reptisun 10.0 when you replace it they are much better for your beardie an no problems have ever been reported with the reptisun unlike the reptiglo. I think the only reptiglo bulb that is okay is the 8.0 but those aren't so easy to come by. I'm going to ask someone that knows they reptiglo what the exact distance from basking spot should be. I know with the Reptisun it's 6" to 8" from basking spot.

Okay how long ago did you move your beardie to the 40gal? Keep in mind anytime you change anything in your beardies enclosure this can cause stress. Mine will even stress if I rearrange the furniture in the room they are located.

i thought i had the right temps, but i checked and it was 10 degrees lower than it is supposed to be
so i think that was the problem

but i have had my beardie for 5-6 months
i have a reptisun 10.0 uvb bulb
i have a spot bulb on his basking spot - making it 110-115 degrees
i have a 150w heat bulb

it is 90 degrees on the warm side and 80 degrees on the cold side

im taking my temps with a digital thermometer w/ probe

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Have you had the reptisun that long? If so remember they should be changed out at 6 months even if they are still turning on.

I'm confused with your post so let me try and understand.

Okay your basking temps are currently or they were in the past 110* -115*?
They should be about 105* not any higher than 110*. But they need it to be at least 95* just to digest food.

I think you could remove one of the bulbs and bring the basking temps down some.

let me try explaining again....ok, so... at around 4 o'clock, i checked the temps and they were 100 for the basking spot, 85 for the warm side, and 75 for the cool side
after i had checked the temps, i thought that the temps were too low
so... i added a 150w bulb and checked the temps, and they are 115 for the basking site, 95 for the warm, and 85 for the cool

-----------now i will change the bulbs and try to get those temps, and i will order my reptisun tube bulb

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Ah hah! Now I understand. :wink:

I have one encloser that is divided for babies that I have a reptisun in. Instead of basking bulbs I use a halogen tight beam flood bulbs 60watt. I tried several different bulbs and wattages that was the one that ended up working best for me. I'm sure that in the Summer months I'll need to lower the wattage or raise the tight beam to the right temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom