what do breeders called a sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
wow i cant believe i got 239 views!!! :shock: :shock: i must have really done something bad to have that many!

The White Plains expo is where a bunch of vendors all get together at the Westchester County Center and sell whatever they bring there. The website to see all the expos that they offer is www.reptileexpo.com and they give you a list of the vendors at all the different expos on that site. There is also an expo on Long Island I believe but I don't know the dates. If you want to look for a dragon from one of the vendors that were at White Plains then you will be able to choose some from that list. My boyfriend's dragon is from Sunshine Dragons and mine is from Dragon Fortress and both are from the White Plains expo, my boyfriends is from the November 2009 though. As for getting a juvie between $60 and $80, I'm not sure. It seemed as though the older the dragon is, the more expensive because the breeder has more invested in an older dragon than a baby. Some of the babies at the expo were selling for as low as $40 though so I guess it depends.

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
curtbone123":14y41kb9 said:
oh ok i heard alot about white plains thats one of the biggest expos out there i would love to go out there one day :D do they ship there reptiles online? and if so whats there website so i can choose what to buy and i was hoping to get a juvenile beardy for 60 or 80 dollars at the expo cuz thats all i can afford right now :( you think they will cost more than that or lower?

Curt... I know you would like to get your new beardie from an expo but like i was telling u earlier i got my scarlett from Atlanta Bearded Dragons for $75 shipped and she is gorgeous.. Shes a Crimson x Cawley Red.. Heres the link where u can see her :D viewtopic.php?f=44&t=138734

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
curtbone123":wxdx0zmp said:
ok cool thanks :) i think i have everything packed down on how to care for a juvenile bearded dragon i really am thankful for your help!! :blob8: :blob5: if i have any more questions is it ok to message you?
Anytime! :wink:

Livey

Extreme Poster
You can get cheaper ones with nipped tails and nipped toes, i see them in the for sale section all the time!
Good luck! :D x

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
look in the forsale forum on here and see what you can find if you don't see one you want at the expo. But go to the expo first and see. Talk to the breeders and look at what they have. Hold them and ask questions. Don't forget to make sure to get your supplies there too some of them you may be able to get cheaper.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
jeritta":39idyjgw said:
look in the forsale forum on here and see what you can find if you don't see one you want at the expo. But go to the expo first and see. Talk to the breeders and look at what they have. Hold them and ask questions. Don't forget to make sure to get your supplies there too some of them you may be able to get cheaper.
oh ok good advice! :) but i checked the forsale forum all of them are kind of high still for my price range but the expo that im going to is small one i just really hope they have what i want :( that way i dont have to pay for shipping or nothing

SE7EN57

I think it's safe to say breeders do not make much of a profit if any at all. I think most breeders do what they do because it's there passion and hobby. In all honesty I do believe you get what you pay for.

Jess

Extreme Poster
If you are open to adopting one, check out Craigslist and Petfinder. Are there any reptile specialty stores in your area? I adopted my boy from a local reptile shop, were someone dropped him off because she was pregnant and couldn't keep him anymore. IDK what his exact price was (he was a gift) but he was under $125. He is a retired breeder too.

The MN show that I went to was very reasonably priced, but MN shows are rather small too. There were plenty of babies to choose from at $30-$50. There were some gorgeous adults too... I would have loved to take home an adult Leucistic boy who was only $75! The vendors were more than happy to bargain, and throw in free roaches too LOL. It was SO tempting!

BTW, how old are you? Im 16. :) You said that your mom wont let you get all the poor animals at Petsmart... I know how you feel! My mom just might disown me if I get any more pets right now! Haha.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Jess4921":3osrwukn said:
If you are open to adopting one, check out Craigslist and Petfinder. Are there any reptile specialty stores in your area? I adopted my boy from a local reptile shop, were someone dropped him off because she was pregnant and couldn't keep him anymore. IDK what his exact price was (he was a gift) but he was under $125. He is a retired breeder too.

The MN show that I went to was very reasonably priced, but MN shows are rather small too. There were plenty of babies to choose from at $30-$50. There were some gorgeous adults too... I would have loved to take home an adult Leucistic boy who was only $75! The vendors were more than happy to bargain, and throw in free roaches too LOL. It was SO tempting!

BTW, how old are you? Im 16. :) You said that your mom wont let you get all the poor animals at Petsmart... I know how you feel! My mom just might disown me if I get any more pets right now! Haha.
sure i can adopt one as long as its healthy :D put the only pet store around here is petco and petsmart also genesis and niether one of there reptiles are healthy it makes me sick :puke: i wish i can save all of them but those are the only pets stores in my area but i cant believe you say they had a leucistic for 75$ thats a real good deal! :shock: plus you get roaches with it i would have got him for sure ifi didnt live so far away but im 19 :D but yea my mother would kick me out the house ifshe knew i had alot of pets hahah! you ever been to Harve de Grace,MD expo?

Jess

Extreme Poster
Nope, the only expo/show Ive been to is the MN one. One of the biggest reptile stores in the country (Twin Cities Reptiles) is 30 min from my house though, so thats pretty cool. :D
They has some awesome deals at that show, and alot of neat morphs and stuff too. It was alot of fun!

I would start searching Craiglist :D There are alot of unhealthy beardies for sale on there, but every once in a while you will find some great looking ones too. Ive seen alot of breeders on there too, selling awesome looking morph babies for $25. :) You just have to be careful about what you are getting.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yea thats the thing i wanna make sure im getting my beardy from a real good breeder who knows what he/she is doing! butyour expo that you went sale online? if they do you think you can give me the website so i can buy from them if i find something i like :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom