what do breeders called a sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
ok ima be truly honest people who are selling bearded dragon you bearded dragons may cost $250 but you all say its on sale for $220 i mean come on i wouldnt even call that a sell seriously im sorry to say this but its true a real sell would be say that a bearded dragon originally cost 250$ i would put it on sale for 160$ cuz dont forget you have to pay for shipping and the shipping will cost about 40 or 50 dollars plus the bearded dragon i mean im just being truthful hear thats what i call a real sale a few 20 dollars is not a sale so you breeders out there or anybody else tell me if im right or wrong thank you

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
A reduced price is still a sale, even if you think it should be more. In your example, that's 12% off original price. good breeders sell high quality dragons that are well taken care of until they find their forever homes. that costs a lot of money for them to do, so they are worth more money. It might seem like a lot of money to sell it for to you, but they probably spent more on it than they're asking. Breeding dragons is not a very profitable business. You think it's expensive caring for one, try a hundred.

It's really no different than buying a pedigree dog or cat. If you want a cheap pet, then you can go to a shelter, a pet store, or back yard breeder, but if you want a high quality pet, your gonna have to pay the price for it, just like with everything else.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ok a reduced price is a sale but its not a real sale i mean a real sale would be like i told you earlier in my post now i understand that the dragons are high top quality well cared for and everything but at the same time to me thats not a real sale tho i mean 50 dollars shouldnt hurt they should still be able to make more money to you that might be ok but to me i just dont think its a real sale and another thing if they are making there bearded dragons so expensive they wont get as much customers as they should cuz alot of people cant afford them especially in times like this the economy is all messed up

Gail

BD.org Addict
Breeders can charge what ever they darn well feel like and call it a sale. The dragons you see selling for 200 dollars or more would have sold for more then that a year or 2 ago, prices are going down quickly.

Just because something is on sale doesn't mean it a bargain price, just thats its priced lower then normal. Plenty of people buy high priced dragon, if they didn't then the breeders would be lowering prices even more then they already have.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
If you don't like the sale prices that the breeders have marked as a sale then don't buy them. The breeders have a lot of money in the babies from feeding them, lights, and any other things that might pop up with them. They put the money they get from the sale of a baby towards the next batch of babies, or taking care of the parents, it's not like they're making a huge profit from the sale of a baby. The sale prices are what the breeders can afford to sell their babies for. Shipping price is what it is, it is SHIPPING the animal. They don't make money from shipping the babies, it's paying for the shipping of the animal. The breeders are not making money hand over fist for their babies, so if they mark something as a SALE, that's what it is to them, a SALE. Don't discount what the breeders are marking as their sale on their babies.

Livey

Extreme Poster
Im no sure what you mean by a `real sale` but breeders put alot of work into these reptiles.
and its very difficult for them to sell and keep these little creatures.
SO if someone still buys one at a lowed price, its still a sale?
as someone has a bought it yes?
They put alot of time and money into breeding dragons, so they charge the prices they seem fit,
pet shops are cheap becuase there normally off people who just wont them off there hands, etc and there usually not well cared for.
where as breeders will feed them as they should, proper lighting and take them to the vets if there ill,
so money well spent in my case, as your getting a mich better quality dragon

Olivia x

everhood13

Juvie Member
curtbone123":1as0zlji said:
jeritta":1as0zlji said:
Well said ziggy.
why you aint replied to my message jeritta was it something i did? :(
Probably because you are trying to start something that doesn't need to be started. I smell an instigator. I wouldn't bother replying to this post. The premise is silly, and this person abviously doesn't understand and won't understand.

Kalec

That 12% off sale you used as an example is more than a lot of stores will give as sales for their merchandise. Most around here are 5-10% off, with Black Friday and holiday weekend sales only being more. These are quality pets, and you should expect to pay the higher prices to assure health and temperament, just as you would a dog, cat, horse, etc.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
A sale is a reduced price, there's no difference, it's the same meaning. haven't you ever been to a store that was having a "sale" and that price was the same as another store's regular price? It happens all the time.

and $50 very well might matter to them. As I said before breeding is not a profitable business. It's very expensive. Most of them make little or no profit, and many lose money in it. $50 might be as much as a big deal to them as it is to you. Maybe even more, you don't know what their financial situation is.

Not to be rude, but if it's that big of a deal to you, then maybe getting another dragon isn't a good idea. The more you have, the more your financial strain is going to be. You'll be doubling your expenses. What will you do if multiple lights burn out at once? Or if they get sick? how about a $50 worth of feeders die on you? those are all very probable things that can and do happen.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
OK IM SAYING THIS TO EVERYBODY!! I DIDNT MEAN TO PISS NO ONE OFF HONESTLY IM NEW HERE I DIDNT REALLY KNOW IF I ASKED THIS QUESTION IT WOULD START A RIOT I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT IM SORRY TO EVERYONE IM SORRY I DIDNT MEAN IT TO LOOK LIKE BREEDERS ARE BAD OR NUFFIN I WAS JUST SAYING IN MY OPINION THE BEARDED DRAGONS SHOULD BE AFFORDABLE THATS ALL I WAS TRYNA SAY I WASNT TRYNA MAKE A BAD IMPRESSION ON NO ONE I SWEAR! IM NOT A INSTIGATOR OR NUFFIN JUST SAYING IM SORRY I WAS JUST SAYING WHAT I THOUGHT WAS RIGHT

jon21388

Juvie Member
petco sells bearded dragons for 29.99 when they are on sale go buy one from there. Petco babies usually have problems though which then involve vet bills. So overall your probably looking at the same price.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I'll reply to your posts...for instance this one.
curtbone123":1o51v2lu said:
ok a reduced price is a sale but its not a real sale i mean a real sale would be like i told you earlier in my post now i understand that the dragons are high top quality well cared for and everything but at the same time to me thats not a real sale tho i mean 50 dollars shouldnt hurt they should still be able to make more money to you that might be ok but to me i just dont think its a real sale and another thing if they are making there bearded dragons so expensive they wont get as much customers as they should cuz alot of people cant afford them especially in times like this the economy is all messed up
And this one....
curtbone123":1o51v2lu said:
ok ima be truly honest people who are selling bearded dragon you bearded dragons may cost $250 but you all say its on sale for $220 i mean come on i wouldnt even call that a sell seriously im sorry to say this but its true a real sell would be say that a bearded dragon originally cost 250$ i would put it on sale for 160$ cuz dont forget you have to pay for shipping and the shipping will cost about 40 or 50 dollars plus the bearded dragon i mean im just being truthful hear thats what i call a real sale a few 20 dollars is not a sale so you breeders out there or anybody else tell me if im right or wrong thank you
Maybe you will better understand with this. :)

Seriously? Do you have any idea how much it cost to feed and care for possibly hundreds of babies per year? I'm talking about proper care not backyard breeding. Let's just say one clutch of 24...that's anywhere from 20 to 100 feeders perday per baby. What do you pay for crickets or feeders for one beardie...so can you imagine? Then there's salad makins.

Then you have supplements....how fast do you think a breeder goes through those when supplementing that many beardies?

A clutch of 24 thaty's anywhere from 6 to 24 set ups with lighting...that means hoods, fixtures, UVB, basking bulb, CHE's, and don't forget UVB's nor those other items are one time purchases either. Can you imagine how much if you have several breeding pairs or clutches per year?

Add the utility cost of running all those set-ups.

Anyone selling babies for $20 is either not doing it right or coming up way short in the end, they are definately degrating the worth of an exotic animal...what an insult to the species. So you expect for someone to do all the work and not get pay for what it cost to do it? Sorry that's plain not fair. I have very reasonably priced beardies an I make nothing...It cost me money....I loose money just to provide healthy beardies at a price of half what you are complaining about. Plus the age you should also take into consideration for instance a baby that is 6 weeks old hasn't eaten nearly as much as a baby of twice that age.

jon21388":1o51v2lu said:
petco sells bearded dragons for 29.99 when they are on sale go buy one from there. Petco babies usually have problems though which then involve vet bills. So overall your probably looking at the same price.

You get what you pay for. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom