What can i feed other then crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

adubbs92

I dont want to use crickets if there is another type of insect i can feed my beardie everyday. I live in canada and i need an insect i can get here. I cant seem to find calciworms or reptiworms in canada. What eles can i feed him?

Chico1234

are you feeding just crickets?? they need veggies also. you can also feed dubia roaches (sorry if miss spelled) or super worms. BUt veggies should be most of there diet, and bugs every other day

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Unfortunately the tropical roaches are illegal Canada.
You can order some insects online, including silk worms and hornworms. They can be expensive. I think some Canadian petsmarts have hornworms available and many petstores sell superworms. I am pretty sure black soldier fly larvae (reptile, calci or Phoenix worms) are available in Canada as well but you may need to order them online. How big/old is your dragon?

adubbs92

Original Poster
hey guys, yeah i didn't mention that i do feed him veggies to, im just talking about the insect part. I got him mid January and they told me he was about 6 weeks old when i got him, so about four months old. He is about 10-12 inches in length, head to end of tail. I do feed him crickets, although i had to get superworms to feed him until friday when my next order of crickets comes in. If anyone knows a link to a website that will **** calciworms or reptiworms to canada i would love to know about it!

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
I would avoid superworms until your dragon gets to 16 inches as there is a chance of impaction. I would check around on the web for hornworms, silkworms, or butterworms. Not sure if you can get stuff like Turkistan roaches or lobster roaches in Canada( I thought I read you can get lobster roaches there) but worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom