What can cause vision problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDK241

Hatchling Member
So Ali has something wrong with his eyes. He can see but its almost like he can't judge distance at all. If I drop a roach in the tank and it runs to the other side he will be lunging like its right in front of him. I started tong feeding him and it will be right in front of him and he misses it by an inch. If I hold it just a little bit above him he will bend back so far that he falls over on his back even though he could have grabbed it no problem in the first place. Even when he first sees it wiggling he will stare at it for at least a minute, sometimes 2, before he will try and get it and then he usually misses. Eventually he just keeps lunging blindly until he gets lucky and gets it or gives up :( Is there anything I can do to help him? Even just help him eat better? He's so skinny and its tough when I can tell he is still hungry but just gives up. The longer I have him the more amazed I am that he even survived the past 3 years.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Does he have the Reptisun 10.0? Did he have a UVB before you got him? I only know that bad UVB bulbs cause eye problems. Maybe no UVB would cause the same damage?

KDK241

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He has a Reptisun 10.0 tube now. I've only had him for 5 days and he's never had UVB before I got him. I have no idea if he's always been like this or not so it could just be him. I guess it should have said is there anything that can cause vision problems? I mainly just want to know if there is anything in particular I should be watching out for or mention to the vet when he goes next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom