Weird swallowing/ quiet popping noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick18

my bearded dragon is about a year old now and has been great! But today I've noticed when holding him that his throat was moving like he was swallowing a good bit and in his tank he's gaping more than usual... I don't mist him a lot but he stated shedding a week ago so I misted him a lot at once. Also I gave him a bath to help his shedding out. (His back is almost completely white and about 75% of his tail is white too) His tank is around 95-105 degrees and I just lowered the light onto the top of the cage to get it hotter in case of a URI. He also has a uvb light on the right side of the tank he sits under a lot and his diet consists of crickets, occasional mealworms, and waxworms. There aren't any reptile vets around me so if you guys could help me out it'd be great! Regardless thanks for reading this:( , one more thing sive read that some dragons do this when their nostrils are shedding so that may be a possibility too?

Mysty

Juvie Member
Watch some videos/!read up on bearded dragon respiratory infection. If he has this, you do need the vets.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You don't really need to mist them aside from spraying or using a dripper to offer some water to the nose for them to lick up. They're pretty good at handling sheds on their own. The throat movement may be to help loosen skin and as mentioned the shed may have his nose plugged up. I would keep an eye out for lethargic behavior but wait to take any drastic action until the shed cycle is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom