weird poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmf109

I have a new dragon, not in particularly good health, little things that may turn into big things........sigh
Anyway she has finally pooped it was WEIRD.......proper solid bits but no white bit i could see and about a tablespoon of yellow stuff that looked like egg yolk with about the same consistancey, not at all smelly.
Gemima was eating up a storm when i got her but the past few days not so much, she has i am guessing about 4 layers of shed to come off which is starting to with the help of long baths every day, her set up is exactly as it should be ( been sitting here reading everything for a week LOL) she is on newspaper and has the proper UVB although i dont think she had much right before she came here.
She is an adult i am guessing maybe 3 yeard old and though I dont have a scale she is by no means thin but she could stand to put on a little weight.
and before you say vet, our reptile vet wont be here until Thursday and yes I have an appointment.
Any ideas?

spyder79

Extreme Poster
the yellow mucus type liquid you are speaking of sounds like it is the urate (white stuff). few things could be happening. she could be overhydrated lol which is not neccessarily a bad thing. She could have parasites making her have the liquidy discharge. the color could be caused from an overabundance of vitamin supplements. Basically a fecal sample for the vet is going to be the best way to diagnose it. If she isnt being lethargic at all and is eating well you shouldnt have much to worry about. Try to get a fresh fecal sample for the vet (within 24 hours of appt. can be kept in a sandwich baggie in the fridge). Sorry i dont think i have been of much help lol.

fmf109

Original Poster
The over hydration is possable since as I said she has baths every day for the layers of unshed skin :oops:
I will take a sample with me on Thursday.
Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom