Weird Collard Shortage

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattykassy

Juvie Member
Hey All,
So theres some sort of Collard shortage going on in my area, nobody has any idea why I've gone to 6 different grocery stores, two of which were in a neighbouring town.
NONE. The managers have no idea why, they received a shipment and it was rotten. Thats what they've all said.
SO. I have no idea whats happening, why there is no collards, but its been about 6 days of this so far.
I've been trying to figure out what I can replace it with in the meantime as a staple for his salad, normally he gets Collards with either a side of butternut squash, basil, mango, or apple.
And he's been quite happy with all of that, he just really likes fresh collards mostly.
So far I've tried the rainbow chard, didn't really respond to that at all pretty much didn't eat it. After 2 days of that I tried kale, same thing. I just tried Dandilion greens today, and I actually have the day off so I've been able to watch him a bit, and he went down to his dish like normal and grabbed a mouthful, ate it, sat there for a few minutes, then scuttled off.
I just don't think he likes the texture maybe? All those plants are kinda "thin", they don't really have that crunch that collards do. I thought he'd take to the Kale, but I guess the taste throws him off he just spits it out.

Any suggestions?? Hopefully we get collards back in soon but for now I have a fussy dragon I'm trying to please..!! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panthercat
Top Bottom