weird behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

thacarter

just got a bd about a month ago, he has been acting weird lately, not eating much crickets, not moving around as much and just looks sick, he just had his first shed and is not totally done with it, also i was reading about "stress marks" and he has those on his underside :( for the first 3 weeks or so he would eat 12-20 crickets daily, he is about 10 weeks now. temp is 105 in the basking using the acurite thermometer i see alot of people on here use, my house is kept at 64 degrees so i am using a 75 watt and a 100 watt to get that 105 temp, starting to get worried. i know that i need to switch out his UVB light with a reptisun 10.0, just waiting to do that because i am going to build a new cage soon and will get the 36 inch which will not fit on this cage, right now he has the reptisun 10.0 coil that the pet store sold me because i was stupid and bought their "kit", should i just turn it off and go with out the uvb or just live with this one for another couple weeks, i am starting to get worried, any advice?

Reptigirl

Is there any way you can just get the 36" light you'll use on your new enclosure and somehow rig it up over the current one, even though it doesn't fit exactly? I mean if he's in a tank and it's too small for a lid with the light to fit, you could just lay it across the top and if it hangs over the edge for a while, so what?

Oh and what are your temps (basking and cool side)? Temp has a lot to do with their appetite and activity levels.

Oops just re-read and realized you put the basking temp. Sry.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
It is the coil bulb!! I would recommend turning it off until you get the reptisun 10.0 UVB !! Also try to get him some natural sun light!! Good luck..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kay.marie
Top Bottom