Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is 280 grams normal for a small adult male beardie? (He had a rough beginning of his life before I got him. He has filled out quite a bit since then)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well it depends on many things. Is he less than 2 yrs. old ? If so he may continue to grow a bit more. Also if he's filled out , not bony but well proportioned that may be all the bigger he gets but can still live a healthy life. Can you post some pics of him + his set up [ include lights ] Also what he eats daily ? Here's how to post pics :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I was wondering the same thing what is a good healthy weight for a 2 year old - ? Hiccup is 1 now and is around 453 grams or 15 oz and 20 inches long -- I dont want him over weight so what should I be watching out for?

Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hiccup's weight sounds good for a 20" dragon. Some are stockier than others but the thing to watch is that as adults they don't look stuffed all the time with a huge belly, fat neck and super thick legs + tail. But again, they do have different body structures. The dragon pictured on the banner at the top of this page has a very good body structure, he's a model dragon. :)

Aaradimian

Juvie Member
I just got back from the vet with my dragon. They were real happy with everything, including weight. For comparison, he's approx. 6 months old, 13" long and about 250 g.

Victorm010101

Original Poster
Hes about 12 inches long, very active, he eats bok choy, butternut squash occasionally (he is picky), I was feeding him dandelion greens as a staple until they went out of season (during the winter its been spring mix, bok choy, arugula (?) And a few others until I can get greens again. He has calcium with and without d3 supplements and a multivitamin. He has a CHE for night and a t5 HO for the whole length of his tank which he can get within about 8 inches of. He is offered superworns, horned worms and occasionally crickets (dubia roaches are illegal here). His vet weighed him and didnt say anything about him being underweight. He doesnt look bony. Hes just about 2yrs old now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom