Weight, Protein, Feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliffsMom

Hi,
Clifford is my 9-9.5 month bearded dragon, weighing 95-105grams (unfortunately my scale isn't too specific, and exactly 15".
He is alert and active when I play with him, sleeps sometimes during the day, and poops regularly. The past few days he hasn't been eating much greens I think because we moved, but he's okay. It has recently come to my attention that he should be eating more insects than I have been feeding him, so I will up the protein levels.

I didn't notice that there was anything wrong with him, but is he quite underweight?
Also, has anyone tried this/is it appropriate to give him chicken baby food to help him up his protein levels?

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Why do you keep posting multiple threads about the same things? We answered most of these questions that you've posted in the multiple threads, in the multiple forums you have them posted.

No, you do not need to add baby food to his diet if he is eating. You need to feed him more protein. You need to dust with calcium 5x a week, and multi-vitamins 2x a week.

Yes he is underweight, that's why you need to up his protein. Since he is 9.5 months old, and underweight, you need to feed him 2 times a day, as many as he will eat in a 10 minute time period. Also, the crickets need to be no bigger than the size between his eyes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom