Weight for a baby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smackey2

Hatchling Member
Hey guys, it's Shannon, again. I just had a quick question:

Anyone know a good weight for a 9 inch baby?
We have had Spike since March 26th. We got her from a locally owned pet shop. I have no idea to know exactly how old she is, I am guessing from her length, so possibly 2-2.5 months? When we got her, she and a few others were separated from about 6 other babies. They told us it was due to them growing faster than the others. Spike was actually the smallest of the 'bigger' babies. And she did have a full body shed about 4 days after getting her home.

I do not know what she weighed when we got her as I did not have a scale. However, it just came in the mail and I did just weigh her. She is 23 grams.

Feedings:
I feed her 2 times a day. I offered 3 times, but she was never interested. She will not eat crickets, she turns her nose up to them. BSFL and small dusted Dubia Roaches are her current interest. In one feeding she will eat 20 to 30 small BSFL or 12-15 small dusted Dubia Roaches. Yesterday JUST for dinner she pigged out and ate 25 small BSFL and 10 small Dubia Roaches. (The roaches are a bit bigger than her BSFL (but not bigger than between her eyes!))

Her tank (just so no one has to ask and i'll include a picture too):
36" L 18" W 12"H
- Reptile carpet (same size as tank)

Lighting:
Repti Basking Spot Lamp 100w
UVB: Reptihood 36" with a t8 (there is NO mess lid on her tank DURING the time her lights are on!)
(the lid goes back on when lights go out and I use a CHE as our house tends to drop below 60 degrees.)
14 on and 10 off is her lighting schedule.
Temperatures:
107 if she is just lounging on the carpet looking around. On her climbing log that goes up a little closer to the light, the highest point is 110.
The cool side of her tank is 80.
(I use a digital thermometer with a probe to check.)

This is the setup in her tank (For some reason it came out a lot darker than it really is):
18010345_10210596456326754_7896007034168808479_n.jpg

This is literally right before I just took the tank picture:
18010002_10210596330643612_6341179155527698034_n.jpg

Another side view from her first time being outside in the sun yesterday:
18033236_10210589479272332_7293793006823980753_n.jpg

I feel like she is eating decent enough and looks pretty plump, belly wise. And she definitely was a lot skinnier when we got her. I wish I would have had my scale then. I am going to do weekly weights from now on.

Thoughts? Much appreciated and thanks in advance!

(I know, her tank is bare. My husband just recently surprised me with it so I haven't had much time to add much decor to it.) (And on pay day I will be upgrading her hood so that I can use a t5 HO instead of a t8.)

P.s. I hope I didn't forget anything, but if I did, feel free to ask.

JessW

I can't speak to what is a good weight, as I've been wondering this myself. But for comparison, mine is 8.5-8.75 in long and weighs 34g at last check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom