Ways to hydrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvey2003

I have a pretty big tank for my 18 inch bearded dragon and want to know ways to hydrate her, when I put her in the bath she drinks like a mainiac and won't stop and that seems to be the only time she does drink. Ocassionly mist her but that seems to do nothing and I spray her bed aswell but she never eats it. As I said I have a big tank so I wanted to know if it's a good idea to get a Little Rock waterfall so she can drink herself without a problem.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
You can get an eyedropper and drip water onto her snout so she drinks.

They tend to lap at water spots so I don't know if the waterfall will be the right method. Maybe something more like a dripper for a chameleon?

Gail

BD.org Addict
Have you tried a water bowl? Some dragons learn to drink from them just fine. I wouldn't use a waterfall, it will raise the humidity too much.
How often do you bath her? If she likes to drink that way, couldn't you put her in the bath daily or every other day?

ruben0311

Juvie Member
You shouldnt worry about it too much. If he's drinking when you bathe him that'll be sufficient enough. you can try placing a large basin within the enclosure to see if he'll drink when you splash it around a bit but i wouldnt worry about placing any moving water features... if you do place a fountain just make sure there is plenty of ventilation to circulate the air and perhaps place the fountain on a timer so you can run it for only a few hours a day, perhaps right in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaineyPoo
Top Bottom