Wax Worms ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1happymommy

Juvie Member
All my roaches are to big to feed my baby so I'm waiting on a shipment for next week. My local mom & pop pet store sells wax worms and I wanted to use them as a staple for a week. I have been using crickets but I hate them. I really did not want to order PW because it takes to long to get. Is this okay? I did it last month for a few days and I did not know they where only for treats. Kathy

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
They are really fatty worms.. but, I guess you know that now. I really wouldn't recommend using them that long. A lot of people have fed a lot of them to their beardies and then they have a dragon who refused to eat anything else after them.. No to mention, it would be like feeding them nothing but pure junk food for a week.

BTW, I know how the end of the week goes.. I have some crix, but my little girl has been chomping down on the pws. I placed an order last night for them, and they were shipped this morning. I am crossing my fingers that they make it by Friday.. otherwise it will be Monday. She won't be pleased with me!

dawnki

Juvie Member
I bought 25 wax worms from the last reptile show and was excited to let bruno have a try at them. He hungrily took one, started chomping and then got this horrible Y U C K O expression and tried with everything he had to spit it out. :puke: After he did he went into the corner to hide. It was rather amusing. I gave the wax worms to a friend for his turtles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom