Waving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazymum

Hatchling Member
My bf and i each have a baby bearded dragon. His is around 2-3 months we think and mine is 3-4 weeks. They are in the same 55 gallon tank but there is a cardboard divider in there for the time being. His BD Spike will go over to the cardboard and start to wave. What does that mean???? also they cannot see each other but they can smell each other.

Yes we plan on housing them together once my Gizmo is big enough. And hopefully there is no fighting between the two.

But do you have any advice on how to introduce them to each other?

LJean

Extreme Poster
Calypso is my youngest dragon, she waves at Oscar every time she sees him. It's a submissive thing (hi. please don't eat me)

As for introducing them, I think in a small room away from their viv might help. Stay right by them in case something happens. Maybe holding on to them the first few times.

I can't introduce Oscar to Calypso as of yet. Any time he is out of his viv he heads over to Calypso's tank and blackbeards and headbobs at her. He is much bigger than she is, so I won't trust him. I hope to see how they will do once Calypso is an adult.

I'm not any help in the introduction area. Someone here must have some suggestions.

Let me know how things go with your two.

crazymum

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thank you for your reply. ya my bf wants to make an area that we can use to introduce them to each other. not in the tank as its harder to grab Spike if he decides to go after Gizmo. and the size difference between the 2 is quite alot as gizmo is only 3-4 weeks old and spike we believe to be about 2-3 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom