Watery poop no formation

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
Hey I have my second bearded dragon here his name is Echo he’s about 7 months old he’s always been a very stressed little guy since he was a baby he does like to snuggle he seems to be alert and active but his poops have been a little weird and undigested it’s been getting a little hot this summer and it’s harder to maintain his temps so it does get a little hot but his poop is worrying me it’s watery and I see worms and his Urate lookes a little weird any idea what is happening to my little boy?

Attachments

• IMG_5218.jpeg
    IMG_5218.jpeg
    267.4 KB · Views: 87

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

His poo looks fine. Are those BSFL I see in the poo? If so, just try to feed him fewer at a time. With BSFL being softbodied and so small, a lot of beardies will just kinda inhale them without chewing them. If they aren't chewed, they typically will pass through the GI tract whole.

-Brandon

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
To me it does look formed - when I zooming I do see the worms in it …

The urates don’t look “wrong” or anything to me - urates can tend look differently shaped (well formed urates, not so well formed - both being okay) and urates can have way different consistencies / shapes depending on the level of hydration at the time. The extra water around it could mean be that your dragon is just very well hydrated.

You mentioned that it was getting too hot lately - is it too hot to where Echo isn’t wanting to bask in his area where the basking bulb and the UVB light tube is?

I’m just thinking outloud here of some reasons, b/c they do need both of those working in harmony for proper digestion. If he isn’t spending the proper amount of time in this area after eating - then that *may* be a reason you’re seeing those worms -

However - are those super worms or mealworms or BSFL? The latter are quite small and not always chewed completely - so it may something as simple as that.

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
Hi there,

His poo looks fine. Are those BSFL I see in the poo? If so, just try to feed him fewer at a time. With BSFL being softbodied and so small, a lot of beardies will just kinda inhale them without chewing them. If they aren't chewed, they typically will pass through the GI tract whole.

-
Hi there,

-Brandon
I do feed him BSFL I feed him about 25 no bigger than the size between his eyes but I do kinda put them in a non escape bowl and let him at them I have also be exchanging from Dubia roaches to so he gets a bit of everything but he chews the roaches for sure

QibliLover1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Qibli
To me it does look formed - when I zooming I do see the worms in it …

The urates don’t look “wrong” or anything to me - urates can tend look differently shaped (well formed urates, not so well formed - both being okay) and urates can have way different consistencies / shapes depending on the level of hydration at the time. The extra water around it could mean be that your dragon is just very well hydrated.

You mentioned that it was getting too hot lately - is it too hot to where Echo isn’t wanting to bask in his area where the basking bulb and the UVB light tube is?

I’m just thinking outloud here of some reasons, b/c they do need both of those working in harmony for proper digestion. If he isn’t spending the proper amount of time in this area after eating - then that *may* be a reason you’re seeing those worms -

However - are those super worms or mealworms or BSFL? The latter are quite small and not always chewed completely - so it may something as simple as that.
I have 20 watt Arcadia uvb tube and it fits just behind his basking bulb I was also thinking that the bugs were undigested because of his basking spot being to hot I’m checking the temps multiple times a day to make sure it’s constant I also feed BSFL in a non escape bowl since he gets so excited and crazy he is also a really good eater for salad but I did just also give him a hornworm since my other bearded dragon is a pain to give salad so I give him hornworms every few days to make sure he’s hydrated and I’ll usually give one to echo as well

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom