wat veggies to buy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
ok so i have a baby beardie... he's like 7? 7.5"? somewhere around there... and he doesnt seem to be a big fan of his veggies... well his Collard Greens. i bought him collard greens, and i went through the whole thing in about a month and i only really saw him actually eat a few peices once... i know that babies arent a big fan of veggies... but what veg, will they eat?? thats as nutritional as Collard Greens? (arent they like reallly really good)?

Youkai

Hatchling Member
There's a great chart here: http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html
It has a ton of info on what's good for your beardie!
I don't think there's anything specifically, as far as veggies go, that beardies just love but it's important to try different things and see if there's anything YOUR beardie will love! :mrgreen:
I found that my Sakura loves carrots. She'll eat any greens I put in her plate but I swear she's actually smiling when she eats the carrots.. hahaha

Hope that helps!

neecie

Juvie Member
My 5 mos. old will eat a little of her "greens"..........but not all. She does LOVE peas. I have a bag in the freezer and take out about 20, put them in hot water from the tap for a little while - then give her maybe 5 at each meal (keep the others in the frig for another meal). Agree - the list on Beautiful Dragons shows many choices and how often.

smaug85

Hatchling Member
danny662boy":c6290 said:
ok so i have a baby beardie... he's like 7? 7.5"? somewhere around there... and he doesnt seem to be a big fan of his veggies... well his Collard Greens. i bought him collard greens, and i went through the whole thing in about a month and i only really saw him actually eat a few peices once... i know that babies arent a big fan of veggies... but what veg, will they eat?? thats as nutritional as Collard Greens? (arent they like reallly really good)?

Generally young beardies will prefer live prey over veggies. My beardie, Smaug took ages to start eating his greens when I first got him.
As they get older however,the live foods/vegetable ratio will change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom