WARNING to all reptile owners you are a candidate for herp f

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
dolphinsilversea01":4cd3b said:
herp fever? I always thought of a fever as being a bad thing... this thing I (we) have for our reptile friends is far from a bad thing!!!

All I have right now is Spike and a Dubia colony. I can't afford anymore at this time, but I know I am an addict because if I could I would have every single beardie I have seen since getting Spike. So I would probably have about 20+ or so.. lol....

This is the best addiction, fever, and sickness I've ever had!! :wink:
I agree, it is by far the most entertaining and rewarding hobby I have every picked up (and that is saying something, as I've had a lot of rodent and cat and art and acting and everything else hobbies :lol: ), and I wouldn't replace it with the world! But I/we definitely could have chosen a cheaper hobby!

But I love my Cu-baby sooooooooo much! :love5:

My herping story is very short.... I saw somebody in the hall of a college building I was playing a violin recital at, and she was holding a big ball python. On the way home, I decided I wanted a snake, so for the next year I read and read and read about snakes and decided on a Ball Python. Cu is the greatest, but I get real mad at her sometimes (*ahem*, why won't you eat the white rat?!?! :angry5: ) Well, that's ball pythons for you!
For the next 9 months of bliss, I was thinking about getting another snake, since she was so great. I wanted a Red Tail Boa, but I can't come close to housing such a big snake. :cry: So then I started researching sandsnakes, cribos (although they are not for beginners, I fell in love with the East Indigo), cornsnakes, etc. Then I remembered seeing tiny cute Bearded Dragons in petco (but I would NEVER get one from petco, their temps are 10 degrees to low and they are very unhealthy), and I figured I could have a teeny little lizard in a 10 gallon in my bedroom. Well...... hehe...... I figured out they don't stay tiny forever and a 10 gallon wouldn't really work..... :mrgreen: But it was too late! I was hooked! I am getting a Beardie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen:

:oops: I can't last my first nine months without getting another herp! Goes to show how much self-control I have!

I have also been researching crested geckos, leos, chamelions, pacman frogs, white's tree frogs, green tree frogs, uromastyxs, and a bunch of other frogs, toads, skinks, lizards, etc.... but my problem now is after the BD I'm going to be broke. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meljorogers
Top Bottom