Wanting to start a DIY - help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinya

So I have a screen cage, not glass like everyone else (>.< is that a bad thing?) but my baby is kept in a room with a avg temp of 90 degrees Ferenheit anyways and his basking spots are hotter. So I want to make his environment a theme and couldn't think of anything cool. I can easily build hiding spots and climbing areas out of styropfoam or wood.

(My baby, Sabre, loves to climb the walls up to the top and it freaks me out so I've got temporary levels in now so he can't fall more than an inch).

So does any one have any ideas for multiple layers in his habitat? A cool theme that would fit with his climbing desires?

jducky18

Hatchling Member
My first thought is to make it Killimanjaro or Everest themed. You can form the different levels into a "mountain" like shape so that there's a pinnacle at the top, maybe a little bearie flag or something, and the floor can be painted to look like the plains leading up to the mountain and you could put plants and rocks and things down there. When you said climbing I immediately thought mountains, but there's a lot of other things you can do. A dragon guarding a princess in her tower. An Aztec pyramid shape with tons of levels. You could even go Super Mario themed if you want, which would be AMAZING in my own personal opinion.

Sinya

Original Poster
I love the idea of an Aztec theme. It sounds perfect. Unfortuantely Sabre passed away last night due to neurological problems but I will be building up my other beardie's cage as well - it's a glasss tank but still roughly the same. Thanks for the great ideas.

jducky18

Hatchling Member
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! My heart goes out to you, it really does. I'm so so so sorry. I wish you the best, and if you ever need anything at all, I'm always here for virtual hugs. <3

Sinya

Original Poster
jducky18":3h2a1crn said:
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry! My heart goes out to you, it really does. I'm so so so sorry. I wish you the best, and if you ever need anything at all, I'm always here for virtual hugs. <3

Thank you so much. It wasn't really a huge surprise but it was still a very sad morning. I appreciate your support very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bw341606
Top Bottom