Want to make this viv perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellstrom

Hatchling Member
Hey guys! It's been quite a while since I've been online and Griffin has grown like a little weed!

I'm building a stack-style viv with three levels. Top for my corn snake, the middle for Griffin the Beardie! and the bottom divided into two. It's going to be 4 x 2 x 18 inches (height does not include extra room for heat light and uvb), sliding plexiglass doors with a show case lock (he's uber curious). I really just want to get it right the first time...I'm odd like that :lol:

So, I've researched, but I would like some more opinions and facts, so thanks in advance everyone!

I'm building a fake rock climb. I want to get Griffin 6-8 inches from the 24" reptisun uvb right? and distance from the basking light depends on the temperature obviously. The ground will be tile, I haven't figured out if I'll grout it yet or not (a lot of differing opinions I've read on this one). I want to paint the background with acrylic paint (Folk Art paint...does that sound okay?) and seal it with polycrylic minwax (right? lol) and if so, how many layers of sealer?

I want to have a swivel light, such as the Utilitech 150 watt single metal floodlight from Lowes so I can adjust the heat on the basking area as necessary. I currently use Zoo Med basking light with uvb (can I have too much uvb??) so could I use it in the floodlight or do I have to buy an actual flood/spot bulb?

Just a few more I promise!! lol

So, should I grout? I'm also back and forth on whether to have a water bowl. He gets regular baths and his greens are soaked before he eats them. I didn't have a water bowl in his baby tank because it raised the humidity. Should I have to worry about that with such a large area?

If you've gotten this far, thanks so much! I sound like a new owner!! I'm just a little nervous and feel like I know what I'm doing, but I'd just like some honest opinions from people I trust to know their stuff!!!

Thanks again!!
Love you guys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom