Want to check if i'm doing everything right

Status
Not open for further replies.

applesaging

Hatchling Member
Hi, i have a 3 month old dragon just got him a month ago, just wanna check if i'm doing everything right :D a few comments would be very much appreciated :lol: just to make sure :blob5: :blob8:

7am - UVB and basking lamp(100-105F) on
8am - gives veggies(collard, mustard greens), misted
830am - all the dubias he can eat in 10-15minutes(he eats an average of 15-20), dusted with repcal calcium with D3
4pm/5pm - 2nd feeding time (reptiworms sometimes dubias) all he can eat in 10-15 min not dusted
7pm - lights off.
:blob5: :blob8:

In the morning i give him reptiworms sometimes when i'm about to be late from school :lol: i just leave about 30 worms in his dish, i dust the salad instead of the worms cuz i think reptiworms have the perfect amount of calcium in them but not the D3. It's usually gone when i get home, He usually gets dubias in the morning.^.^ He gets natural sunlight a few times a week for a good 30min-1hour, i bath him every other day with warm water 15-20min( he loves to poop in his bath time :eek: ) i dust only in the mornings, mon-fri with calcium, sat-sun with multivitamins. His UVB is a Reptisun 10 fluorescent tube(no screens blocking it), he's about 8 inches away from it when he's basking. his basking spot is about 100-105F, it sometimes reaches to 110F when it gets really hot. The substrate atm is repti carpet(about to change to slate tile if we're done building his custom viv i think it's a 150 gallon) i had him on calci sand when i 1st got him but i got the calci sand out after i read all about it :shock: ,We always bond, maybe 30 min a day, sometimes i let him fall asleep in my hand and put him in his cage trying to not wake him up :love5: :laughing6: here's a picture of him, to see if he looks healthy :) if i missed something or you would like to ask about anything just comment below, thank you :D
DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg
:lol:

midmichicer

Gray-bearded Member
Sounds good, repti worms have enough calcium to not be dusted. So if you are feeding him them, no need to dust the dubia. They should only get the calcium once a day. Beautiful dragon btw.

applesaging

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
midmichicer":3spvr8gn said:
Sounds good, repti worms have enough calcium to not be dusted. So if you are feeding him them, no need to dust the dubia. They should only get the calcium once a day. Beautiful dragon btw.

yup, i only dust once a day xD sometimes a give him reptis in the morning isntead of the dubias. so i don't need to dust the salad if i'm giving him reptiworms in the morning? :O

mikimom07

Gorgeous Dragon!! Sounds like your doing great. Do you buy or breed your dubias? I'm going to switch from crickets soon and start my own colony of dubia...I'm a bit freaked by it but the crickets wierd me out too :shock:

applesaging

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
zooeymama":2j9dmpf7 said:
I'm still a noob myself but wanted to say he was a cutie! (or she lol)
haha thx :)) it's a he xD i'm gonna change the name though, just found out Nagini was a girl name xD

applesaging

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
mikimom07":apnmc9p5 said:
Gorgeous Dragon!! Sounds like your doing great. Do you buy or breed your dubias? I'm going to switch from crickets soon and start my own colony of dubia...I'm a bit freaked by it but the crickets wierd me out too :shock:

I breed my own dubias ^.^ i don't like crickets, they like to hide and they're hard to catch XP i'm giving my extra crickets away x] adult dubias freak me out a little xD i can handle the nymphs lol. you'll get used to them in time :> plus you don't need to buy feeders ever again :)

prowler996

Juvie Member
My critique:

You are bathing him too much... for too long a period of time. (every other day... 15-20 mins)

Do not let them soak in water for extended periods of time.

This is putting him at risk of upper respiratory infections. He should be bathed no more than once a week. Preferably ever other week. Very warm water using a soft bristled tooth brush. Dont give him a bath if he doesnt need one. Quickly scrub him down and wash him in the warm warm water. No soap. As soon as he come out of the water wrap him in a paper towel to dry him throughly and then quickly return him to the warm side of the enclosure directly under his light.

upper respiratory infections from temperature shock require vet assistance and are often fatal

Venom-Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom