VOTE FOR REGGIE! Results are out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys!

Our local newspaper is holding a pet contest, where you enter a pic of your pet, they print it in the newspaper, and the public can vote on which one they like best. So far, it's all dogs and cats (and one pig), so I figured, why not? I grab a picture of Reggie from my file, and send it.

So far, my aunt and my uncle are voting for him, and so are their coworkers! Of course, I still have to get everyone else in my family to vote for Reggie, but at least we stand a good chance, especially with the attention he gets when we're walking down the sidewalk. Now I just have to walk up to the park, and when they say 'Oh, look at him!' I can say 'You can support him by voting for him in the Pet Contest in the paper!'

I guess we're the only reptile in the competition yet-- I at least want to beat the pig!

-- Jacqui

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
................... ................ .................. ..................

Jacqui......Reggie looks so stunning in his photo. He is a sure winner.......with Colby #79 coming in 2nd! :lol:

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
OK I tried but it said I can't vote until May 17th. But I will vote for Reggie for sure! It's a great picture :D

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Reggie has our votes!

54 cracked me up and boy oh boy 103 looks upset lol 105 is just :shock:

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
:blob8: My cheeks hurt from smiling! Thanks guys! I cannot thank you all enough! If we win, I believe we will be the first reptile to win any place!

Freeie, I totally agree with you.... some people sent in some crazy pics! 'Satan' looks pretty scary! Hmmm.... I am a bit worried about #s 71 and 72, though.... they might give us some tough competition!

Two more days! I think, with the votes I have so far, we'll at least make it into the top 40 that will be published in the paper. I will let you know after voting ends! All the way to June 2nd.... geez.... that's quite a while.

-- Jacqui

ronni1221

Juvie Member
You'll have to scan the article to show us when he gets in the top 40. I have no doubt that it will happen. Heck, I may even donate $10 worth of votes. I feel like we gotta win now! Isn't it cute how we've banded together- I feel like Reggie is my dragon, too!

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Isn't that the way it always is, though? We're all like family here on BD.org.... we all pretty much share dragons! I'm so excited to see how things turn out.... Reggie's excited, too, even though he's practically knocked out. :mrgreen:

-- Jacqui

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
ronni1221":b85d1 said:
You'll have to scan the article to show us when he gets in the top 40. I have no doubt that it will happen. Heck, I may even donate $10 worth of votes. I feel like we gotta win now! Isn't it cute how we've banded together- I feel like Reggie is my dragon, too!

Lol I was figuring on voting more than once, too. I can use my daughter's e-mail address if it's just one vote per :D The money's going for a good cause, and I'm so excited for Reggie! Good Luck

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hey Jacqui...are you and Reggie getting excited!

I will definitely be on here at 12:01 pm(11:01 pm...my time) to give my nephew Reggie my support with my vote(s). I am excited for you and Reggie and can hardly wait to see the outcome of the contest!

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh yes!!! We're very excited. I'm so very eager for the results myself! One more hour until voting begins! Hopefully there are some reptile lovers in my area as well that will vote for him. I'm confident we'll do well, especially since I have so many supporters here on the forums! I have a new respect for everyone here, now.

Aunt Dawn, Reggie says hello and wants to know if it's any warmer in Flordia (I though Spring came after Winter?!). He also says 'Hallooo!' to Rex. :mrgreen:

-- Jacqui

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Okay....Rex and I just voted! Rex submitted 50 votes and I submitted 50 votes = 100 votes($25.00). I hope it's a good start!

Reggie....the weather here today is actually not too awful warm. It is overcast and 80 degrees(not too hot :D ). Rex says hello back at ya and is pretty sure you're going to win the contest! Rex also wanted to mention you look quite regal in your photo and none of the other pets has a chance of winning next to you! :mrgreen:

Good Luck Reggie!!!......................You're #1(Well, actually #66 in the contest) :wink:

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Whoa! Thanks, Dawn! Thanks dna! 140 votes is definitely a wonderful start! Reggie celebrated by leaving me presents on my newly-washed quilt. :puke: Looks like it needs washed again. :x But, I'm in good spirits, so I washed off what I accidentally laid my hand on, and threw my blankets downstairs to be washed.... again.....

I guess I'm doing a good deed AND sinning at the same time! I want to win so very badly, to prove reptiles are capable of overpowering mammals, but with all these votes I'm getting it's also raising money for good causes. :wink: :twisted:

-- Jacqui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom