Vomiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

The aluminum foil actually works exceptionally well as a reflector. The key is to just try to make it as smooth as possible. Most reflectors are made of aluminum anyways as it's a great reflector of visible light and of non-visible light (uv).

Your setup looks very good. I notice the probes kind of mounted to the wall. have you gotten measurements from the actual basking surface?

In the pics he does look quite skinny and a bit sickly. I think at this point it would be best for you to offer him many small meals a day if you can. So smaller meals but more frequency. And as long as his basking surface temps are fine, he should be digesting those smaller amounts well.

-Brandon

Dragonsbeard

Original Poster
claudiusx":11p6hz4t said:
Hi there,

The aluminum foil actually works exceptionally well as a reflector. The key is to just try to make it as smooth as possible. Most reflectors are made of aluminum anyways as it's a great reflector of visible light and of non-visible light (uv).

Your setup looks very good. I notice the probes kind of mounted to the wall. have you gotten measurements from the actual basking surface?

In the pics he does look quite skinny and a bit sickly. I think at this point it would be best for you to offer him many small meals a day if you can. So smaller meals but more frequency. And as long as his basking surface temps are fine, he should be digesting those smaller amounts well.

-Brandon

Hey Brandon,
I made one out of tin foil, kept it as smooth as possible. I take basking temps with two different heat guns. I use the probs mainly for watching room temp, also have three temp/humidity meters by acu-rite places in hot , mid, cool sides. It has not changed much in size since I got it from local pet store on 11/25/19.

Basking temps range from 95-115
It is basking but likes a spot that is about 10 inch from UVB. It will get close but seems to favor this area.

Thanks for all the help! I will keep up posted!!

- Chris

Dragonsbeard

Original Poster
Here is a pic of light with tinfoil reflector. Is any adjustments needed? Also, he spends a lot of time where he is in this picture. Should I somehow encourage him to move closer to the UVB. The position where he is at now is around 10 inches from the UVB and around 97°F. Sorry for being such a nervous nelly. ?

106735-5750903883.jpg

-Chris

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Can you move the log over towards the front of the tank - see if he will go up and sit on the top of the cave/ platform - where he is sitting doesnt look like hes getting much UVB ---- almost like hes hiding from it --- I would take the log off the platform completely and see what he does --- just to see what his behavior does
Karrie

Dragonsbeard

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1c7r75kh said:
Can you move the log over towards the front of the tank - see if he will go up and sit on the top of the cave/ platform - where he is sitting doesnt look like hes getting much UVB ---- almost like hes hiding from it --- I would take the log off the platform completely and see what he does --- just to see what his behavior does
Karrie

?. Will test that out today. It ate 3 extra small Dubia this morning, refused second feeding. Thanks!

- Chris

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok thats not alot of bugs --- definitely need to get the UVB in order --- he should be eating more than that --- but at least hes eating ---
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think the smaller meals are best for right now. We dont want to push him to eat more at one time until we build his digestive system back up.

So keep up the small meals if you can :)

-Brandon

Dragonsbeard

Original Poster
claudiusx":2pit8e14 said:
I think the smaller meals are best for right now. We dont want to push him to eat more at one time until we build his digestive system back up.

So keep up the small meals if you can :)

-Brandon

Planned on offering 3-5 Dubia, 8 times a day. Salad all day. Water by droplets twice a day. Bath every other day to limit stress. Here is a pic of poop, urate is not firm.

106735-9429654339.jpg

Thanks
- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom