Vomiting bearded dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDragon

Juvie Member
Poor little guy.

Is he drinking? Have you tried a little bit of baby food or puréed veg?

Hope the antibiotics are not too tough on him, did the vet have any thoughts on the cause of the infection?

Will he eat any of the soy yoghurt.

Out of interest how are you measuring the temps?

SophieRobinsonx

Original Poster
Hes drinking when we put him in hes bath (daily) the vet gave us electrolytes to put in hes water,
Hes still not eating :( vet said shes not worried about that though,
He had 3ml panacur 10% for hes pin worms & kept it down until the next morning when we gave him hes antibiotics, hes always sick after antibiotics.
Hes breathing is still not good. Its been 3 weeks now.
He sleeps all day & night.
He used to go crazy when we would get him out for antibiotics but now he sleeps in our hands.
Its not looking good :(

SophieRobinsonx

Original Poster
New thermometer in hes tank & weve got something to check humidity, my boyfriend sorted it all out ill have to ask him what type/brand they are. he knows more about those things, hes the one that posted on here about the set up of hes tank.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your dragon doing this evening?
Did you mean .3ml of Panacur, right, not 3mls?
His breathing is still labored though?
Are you giving the non dairy soy yogurt for probiotics to help his system while he is on meds?
I am sorry Zhu isn't eating. I would recommend trying to get food into him, using chicken or turkey baby food with sweet potato or squash baby food so he gets nutrition. You can use either a plastic dropper or syringe to drip food onto the end of his nose to see if he will lick food off that way.

Let us know how he is doing.
Tracie

SophieRobinsonx

Original Poster
Thank you Tracie! Yes 3ml :)
He wont lick the yogurt or butternut squash,
Ill try baby food with a syringe today, & let you know!
Hes still the same, hes been like this for such a while now im worried things wont get better :S
Thank you all for your posts theyve really helped by the way :)
Can i get any baby food? Just a jar of veg & chicken?

SophieRobinsonx

Original Poster
Just an update on zhu incase anyone has a bearded dragon with similar problems, hes now eating hes baby food after a month of no eating & sickness, hes also pooping every other day although it is green due to hes antibiotics. Hes still unwell and visiting vets this week but weve seen big improvements :) thank you for all your help on here! Ill keep updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom