Vivarium Suggestions? *with pics*

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightFury

Hatchling Member
Hello everyone!

I have a lazy boy named Flats Mcgee and his setup has recently received a makeover. I just need help on what I should put in his enclosure! He is NOT one for climbing, he is very lazy and takes little effort to move where he wants to go. I need a nice piece of basking furniture or something that's really easy to climb so he can be closer to the UVB source. I would also appreciate any other suggestions on what I should add to it :)

Thank you all.

IMG_1769_zps7e2b17e5.jpg

IMG_1767_zpsa7797523.jpg

Hatchling Member
How about a nice big grapewood branch. If you lay it on its side it won't require any more climbing than the rock he is already slumped up against. Adorable picture.

NightFury

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
021414":2myd5odj said:
How about a nice big grapewood branch. If you lay it on its side it won't require any more climbing than the rock he is already slumped up against. Adorable picture.

Yeah that would be nice, its hard to find good ones. I used to have a 2 branches in there but they got too small for him and he got too lazy to climb them. Thanks :) I have alot of pictures of my boy.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
May I suggest a hide? Myah climbs her's as she is a climber/jumper crazy girl, so the option is there. If he's not so inclined, there's nothing easier then walking into a hide :p

100_2663.jpg

100_2709.jpg

NightFury

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
morphmom":1a83sy2u said:
May I suggest a hide? Myah climbs her's as she is a climber/jumper crazy girl, so the option is there. If he's not so inclined, there's nothing easier then walking into a hide :p

100_2663.jpg

100_2709.jpg

Those do look cool, my boy is lazy so I don't know if he would. Lol your girl is sooo precious! I love your photo of her sleeping :)

morphmom

BD.org Addict
NightFury":3p99nm1y said:
Those do look cool, my boy is lazy so I don't know if he would. Lol your girl is sooo precious! I love your photo of her sleeping
Thank you. She my pride and joy. Myah was much happier when I put the hide in. It only cost me about $10 from petsmart (in canada) It's meant for small animals. The down side, is that it takes up alot of room. Perhaps, for your boy, a Hammock placed low to the ground?

100_2593_zps4e22032e.jpg

(Before Myah's hide, :wink: )

NightFury

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I thought about doing a hammock! I think he might like that as long as its low enough. Would using suction cups be good enough to hold it up?

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Suction cups are great for glass! :D The mesh ones are a little small, but they're easy to make, or you can check out "lizard luxuries" She makes great quality, nice, big, hammocks from your choice of fabric. :wink:

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
My two love their hammocks! I would also suggest trying a stuffed animal. I know there are other members on here that have them in their enclosures :D

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Irwinshealth":3enmhf4i said:
My two love their hammocks! I would also suggest trying a stuffed animal. I know there are other members on here that have them in their enclosures
Guilty! LOL!
100_2676.jpg

100_2715.jpg

The buuny came from my daughter, Mr. froggy came from a dear sweet friend of mine named Tonja. I met her right here on this site and the BD, I picked up. It's so rare you see a BD plushie :D

(I'm sorry! I have so many darn photos! :oops: )
They seem to like stuffies that are big enough to lay on but small enough to beat up! LOL! :lol:

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Irwinshealth":1orvxcea said:
Are you kidding morphmom? I love photos!! That bearded dragon stuffy is neat. I agree how difficult it is to find things that are BD.
I guess I'm just very proud of my little girl. (princess spoiled spikes! :lol: ) The BD stuffy came from petsmart and cost me a whole $2.00! It's meant to hold a gift card. :p

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah it is kinda fun to show them off. I just posted new photos/video of Cooper and Palmer too.
Nightfury, how are things going? Are you finding something to deck it out? We love photos??? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom