Viv pics only thread

seymours":22c85 said:
here a pic of my male and females vivs. My male is pic one being a 55 gallon long, and my females the second pic is a 22 gallon long. Not the greatest looking but im working on them.

101_1304.jpg

101_1295.jpg

What are the dimensions on the 22long ?

Fal

Hatchling Member
Some amazing looking vivs!!! Here's mine, a 67gallon tank with vents cut into the lid (now has mesh on them to stop the locusts from escaping.
It's changed slightly since this photo, less complicated inside, so easier to clean etc...

Photo061.jpg

Photo072.jpg

Photo078.jpg

Fal

Hatchling Member
Why thank you!! :D

We're off out shortly to buy some ceramic, textured, sand coloured tiles! :p We use cork board at the moment, which looks great, is safe and deters mites, but it just doesn't file Draco's nails down and they are getting super long! He's too boistrous for us to cut them too, so tiles it is!
We're also going to try the 3D rock effect background we got months ago, unless he starts climbing it again as he did when a lil baby, in which case it'll come straight back out until he's too big/heavy to do so lol

Will try get more photos on eventually when it's re-done.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
Decorating dilemma! :help:

With the new MVB in, Budo and I are having some troubles figuring out how to keep his room looking nice (he's got quite the knack for interior decorating!) without raising anything under the MVB.

Here are a few things we've tried. (Can't you tell Budo's having the time of his life with new furniture? :D)

DSC03563.jpg

DSC03595.jpg

DSC03596.jpg

DSC03642.jpg

We decided to do out with the plants and go for the desert style... besides, I need the plants for decorating Prospekt's new viv.

Any and all feedback appreciated! :D

gandhi

Hatchling Member
Hey Guys - Im decorating my new viv as we speak.

Just wondered if anyone could help me..........

I am going to mosaic tile the inside - Like vaguslizard has (I'm a copycat!) - and was wondering if it's ok to use normal grout to tile - it's not toxic is it? Also is it ok to use a glue gun to stick wood together - is this toxic to beardies? Also what's the deal with paint. Can I use any paint or any varnish???

Any help would be great .... I want to get started asap!!

(I did post this as a separate topic but had no replies yet - this is why im asking here because you all seem like such a creative bunch!)

I just added the tiles today, I want to make a second level for him, to utilize more of the cage. I really want one of those rock backgrounds with ledges on it but cant find one to buy or the skill to build. So if you all have any ideas please let me know.
0925091756.jpg

0925091755.jpg

0925091756a.jpg

xbluex

Juvie Member
bigdave":b69f5 said:
Those tiney twigs are bamboo branches that were about 3' long.
I buoght them from michaels about 40 to a bundle , I cut them up and liquid nailed them together.
Thanks for the complement.

Gotta ask, do his nails ever get stuck between the bamboo? Also wondering since you used liquid nails to glue them and that is part of the basking spot do you get fumes from the glue and heat?
I really love the way your ramps look, and I love the backing, where does everyone get that??

bigdave

xbluex":95c0f said:
bigdave":95c0f said:
Those tiney twigs are bamboo branches that were about 3' long.
I buoght them from michaels about 40 to a bundle , I cut them up and liquid nailed them together.
Thanks for the complement.

Gotta ask, do his nails ever get stuck between the bamboo? Also wondering since you used liquid nails to glue them and that is part of the basking spot do you get fumes from the glue and heat?
I really love the way your ramps look, and I love the backing, where does everyone get that??

No his nails don't get stuck between them at all most of them (bamboo) are prety tight together and the tile keeps them (his nails) filed down prety good as for fumes no not at all when I finnished putting the ramps together I left them outside in the sun to dry and then cleaned them with bleach and water , as for the backing that is bamboo table place mats some others use bamboo window blinds. ...thank you for your intrest

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom