Viv pics only thread

beckyp

Here's Stumpy's new viv - hubby made it all himself, and I was so impressed with how it turned out! :D The pics came out really dark for some reason, it really is much lighter than that! It's 5 x 2 x 2, made out of solid walnut. It was going in our son's bedroom, but I liked how it looked so much I'm keeping him in the hall at the moment! :D

IMG_0024.jpg

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

ernieballer

101_0001.jpg

101_0004.jpg

I am still waiting for all the snow to melt so I can go get him a nice drift wood so he can get a little closer to his uvb

I also did not glue the tiles in, i just laid a few layers of paper towel and put the tiles on top so its a breeze to clean up

tenchi80

K9KidsLove":e23da said:
Tenchi80...that is an awesome enclosure, but how in the world do you keep it clean?
Patsy
Spray bottle 5% bleach. First remove the waste with latex glove and add to mini compost... Iam about to grow my own dandylions. vacuum area spray bleach solution. sponge dry then I use a steam cleaner on the areas then redry. I do this while Ruth eats his lobsters in a seperate bin and/or while I bathe him. Lucky for me Ruth has decided to go in one area, plus when I bathe him and he goes it cuts down on cleaning needs.

Ruth update: Just over 4 months old. 6.6 oz (187.1 g) 14 in long head to tail tip. Developing a vice grip hold. Velcro dragon!

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
lovemybabies":3ea98 said:
Well got the new slate in both tanks. I think I am gonna try one of those walls, they look so great.

I agree. I am currently constructing a new viv from wood and plexi (sliding doors). I hope to maybe build one of those walls to once I find the right materials of course!

boober

Hatchling Member
Just getting started

IMG00341.jpg

Put together

IMG00383.jpg

Painted

IMG00417.jpg

Rock wall in

IMG00607.jpg

My unique touch, feeder hatch so the crickets can rain down to be eaten

DSC00017.jpg

All Done

DSC00009.jpg

I will be back with pics of another viv that I should be starting this spring, I want to make a viv out of untreated pine, glass doors, new rock wall and it will be 6ftx3ft this time, the 4ftx2ft I have now is fine but I want him to have a bigger cage. :blob8:

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom