Viv pics only thread

icyshadowz

Hatchling Member
puppytoes72":b4712 said:
you can use a regular household bulb for heat for now but you still need a uvb source
:D
nice enclosure btw,all it needs is some decor' :D
The black light fixture back there is a uvb bulb :D And i tried that thanks for the thought but the regular house bulb didnt produce enough heat

100_0787.jpg

kloopk

Heres some pic's of my enclosures, as you can see I have pair of adults in there, they are on a junglebark substrate, soon to be sand. I am impressed with some of the molded backs on tanks and will be attempting to do one of my own soon, the one on the left has a Chinese water dragon in. set up with different temperature needs.

the UV tubes are at the front behind the wood to stop the light spilling in to the room.

ps. the Ivy it is fake ;)

100_2805.jpg

adulttank2.jpg

100_2806.jpg

Here is the enclosure for the hatchings, it has removable divide if I need to separate bullies and different broods.

juvies.jpg

100_2807.jpg

split.jpg

all in all it makes my living room a very nice place to be, mind you If im not carefull I am going to have to put a tree in the conservatory and sand down, must control pet addiction...

Terrambo

Ok here are my pics of the first one I built... Second one should be done by next weekend, will post that too.

If you have any comments on what I may have done wrong in here, please let me know.... I am new to the beardie world :wink:

Here are the dimensions, which I hope are not too small: 160cmx70cmx80cm (in feet it is about 5 1/2 x 2 1/2 x 3), I have a constant temp of 102° F on the tile side on the heating stone with the UVB/heat lamp and an average of 92° F on the cooler side by the "cheezy" house my kids wanted.

DSC06177.jpg

DSC06172.jpg

DSC06175.jpg

The walls are all hand made with styrafoam and a grouting mixture to cover it so that I was able to paint it. Have ordered a custom piece of wood so that they can climb up on some of the "rock shelves" in there, hope it shows up today.
Have a nice day!

DXG2008

This little one is Buds first viv. I converted a fish tank into his first unit.

100_0715.jpg

This bigger one is a working project and will be ready when Bud gets bigger.

100_0716.jpg

DX
mz_4161650_bodyshot_175x233.gif

trigganx

Hatchling Member
I have to ask can anyone give instructions on how you do those amazing backgrounds?? They look so real, I'm getting ideas together for my first self made viv and I've got it planned out but I would love to know how to make those rock or stone looking backgrounds. Anyone??

lovemybabies

Juvie Member
Well here is Merlin's new home. Not all that great had to get it together in 1 afternoon.
bikepics-1169180-800.jpg

And this is Raine's home. Merlin will be getting one like this in a few months.
bikepics-1146288-800.jpg

jch82

Jayvoh":88175 said:
How do you guys get these awesome looking rock backgrounds / structures?

My background came from Pet Supplies Plus. They have a rack with different aquarium backgrounds that are sold by the foot.

Josh

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom