Viv pics only thread

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
Finally have my final set up for my Juvenile Reptar.

SAM_4500.jpg

SAM_4502.jpg

SAM_4499.jpg

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
BeerHunter":xhveqbys said:
What size of tank is that, and where is your UVB light?

40 gallon tank, & it's the silver dome.
I know.. I know. >_>

I got the 40 gallon to get it out of the way, he's fine inside & is use to it. It's simple & he can see the food. As for the UVB, I can't afford a Repti 10 yet since I just spent a **** load enough over the days.

mommisgurl

Juvie Member
Haha yes,it would appear as though we both have the same mind with names lmao
But,until you can get the mount and bulb,take the little one outside in the sun for a good 30-45 mins. Uvb is important.! But I can understand the money problem :roll:

japcarsBrett

Hatchling Member
this is my bearded dragons 4ft viv not long finished it :)

WP_000593.jpg

UVB light hidden away but when he basks he is about 10-12 inches away from the T5 12% bulb as you can see in this pic :)

WP_000594.jpg

WP_000596.jpg

WP_000597.jpg

WP_000600.jpg

WP_000603.jpg

WP_000602.jpg

Let me know what you guys think :)
Thanks

Mustashio

Juvie Member
Looks nice! You have venting up top I assume? I love the decor! Here are some pics of Tashi's newly finished viv. Had a bit of a cricket mishap initially...it seems we forgot that the crickets could climb the bamboo placemats! Poor Tashi was like "Here comes food!...oh wait...There they go!" right out of his reach! It was hilarious as my 5yo son watched the newly named "spiderman crickets" attempt to out-run my hubby and I as we tried to prevent their escape! Sheesh! Funny in hindsight though. My husband couldn't bare to part with the look of the bamboo though and so he went and bought more plexiglass to line the entire inside of the cage right over the top of the bamboo! Now WHO is the spoiled one? Dragon or Daddy?

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1015.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

RelentlessChaos

Juvie Member
mommisgurl":334v9138 said:
Haha yes,it would appear as though we both have the same mind with names lmao
But,until you can get the mount and bulb,take the little one outside in the sun for a good 30-45 mins. Uvb is important.! But I can understand the money problem :roll:

I guess I can open up the window & set him down in the sun on the floor but that'll probably just stress the little guy out to the point of know return. He doesn't like new changes so far. I've had him since the 5th of Sept. I do try my best to keep him healthy enough & it already urks me enough knowing I've failed yet again (the UVB). It's better then nothing for now.. I guess? I do give him his calcium & all that etc.

japcarsBrett

Hatchling Member
Mustashio":33eb6w1y said:
Hey japcarsBrett our dragons could be twins!!

~Jill

Hey Jill they could well be they look so similar :p lol, nice setup you have there, thanks im happy with it now lol yeah the vents are at the top and bottom i have 2 at the bottom and three at the top, haha yeah you have to watch those crickets they will get anywhere and everywhere they can my beardie doesn't like them if he eats one he always looks at me as if to say these taste horrible but im eating them!! you can see it from how he chews them and looks lol its almost like he's making an effort to eat them but when i give him locusts and phoenix worms they are all gone he will hunt them down and get them all, and he will even jump at the glass as soon as he see's the locusts or worms tub but if its crickets he wont be impressed and he has even closed his eyes and turned his head away bless him :).

ju5t1n

Juvie Member
Here's my vivarium I made for Leo A.K.A. "Little Dude" made from half inch plywood 4'x8'x1/2"(x4).
4' Wide x 2' Deep x 1'6" High.
I made it in 2 full days construction and 2 trips to the hardware store. Made with a jig saw, skill saw and a drill. Painted with an outdoor flat black, Slate substrate, Acrylic doors, 1/4" Aluminum channel (Micky mouse glass sliders), Aluminum tape, Huge piece of driftwood.
photo%20%284%29.JPG

photo%20%282%29.JPG

photo%20%283%29.JPG

The blue ish light is a 36" 10.0 repti glo the other is just a 36" t8 tube.

Feel free to comment or PM :mrgreen:

Mustashio

Juvie Member
Very nice! I love the black! Do you have 2 heat lamps up on top too? It's so nice and bright! Leo looks like he hates it! :wink: And that piece of driftwood is AWESOME! Is it really all one piece? It looks great!

~Jill

ju5t1n

Juvie Member
Yeah I put 2 in there because wasn't sure if I wanted to house 2 bearded dragons in there for 2 basking spots. I'm going to house them separate now. The 2nd one has no light in it. The driftwood is mostly one piece I just put the 1 little one in there from his old baby cage.
Here's my aquarium with dwarf cichlids and my baby leatherback Flo too!
This counts as an enclosure too ya?
photo%20%286%29.JPG

photo%20%287%29.JPG

Flo's background is extra from the other side of my aquarium's background. lol she still has her little mark on her from the breeder on her back.
Flo and Little Dude are both in shed =/

TheAnthropologist

Hatchling Member
Here is mine:
photo7_zps81cefefa.jpg

50 galleons (taken from far away so it looks smaller). 8 inches from the UVB and about 6 from the basking

Nice vivs everyone. Some of them are gorgeous.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom