Viv pics only thread

Lama

I decided to post Misha' viv pics, just to share. I did some adjustments, since the old fluorescent pipes were too old. If I'm converting the right way, it's 90 gal (120cm x 60cm x 50cm) glass viv with glass top, so I had a lot of issues with air circulation. I managed it with a little alu cuts on top, so the air goes in and out with no problem. Last week I've changed lightning from UV fluorescent pipes to MVB Solar Glo 125W. For now, no problems with that, but as I heard, this MVB shouldn't be angled as mine? Since viv has a glass top, it's hard to drill a hole, so the MVB would stay on top pointed straight down. The only solution I have is to remove the top of viv and install a screen, but this is a whole project.

So the viv have one MVB pointed 12" from Misha' fave basking spot, on the right, there's a regular UVA compact bulb just for ambience. I also have one basking backup light on top in the middle if temp is not reached and IP cam, to check on her wherever I am. I waiting now for the new digital thermometers, to get more percise temps from colder to hotter spots in the viv.

6937488804_1cb4b97e9f.jpg

6937487266_8e1408a2ac.jpg

7083563091_44b8497ea2.jpg

Lama

Yes, IP cam is great. Even in office, wherever, you can check what your beardie is doing and check the temps in viv. The only downside is that when you see a poop, you can't do nothing about it. :D

HappiDragon

Hatchling Member
We live in a fairly small space so the stackable vivs are awesome! My father and mother in-law spent alot of hours on them, they used 2x10 dried out fish farm floating walkways, he planed them on all four sides to get rid of all the sunbleached and damaged wood after carefull removal of all nails. The tracks are made from recycled 4x4 fence posts. they are bisquet joined and then the wood is sealed and laminated. holes were cut in the sides and back and normal circular household vents were inserted. The interior is arborite so very easy cleaning circular adhesive felt pads were used between the vivs to prevent damage from rubbing. My inlaws live over 1000km away so they partially assembled them and brought them out in their motorhome when they came to visit for the summer then here we finished assembling them It was a labour of love and I can't thank them enough for all their hard work!! We use discared carpet pieces from the carpet store to line their cages, cut to the appropriate size, I find it works great and just throw it away when it gets dirty and insert a new one, we usually have a few pre-cut pieces standing by

I LOVE the fact that they are mostly all made from recycled products!

August52011034.jpg

August52011026.jpg

DanaW

The beginning of the new crossfire enclosure, used birch instead of crappy melamine.
IMAG0436.jpg

Side view
IMAG0437.jpg

And Gunther's current enclosure, hopefully the new one will be done by the weekend!
IMAG0448.jpg

Sullivan's digs, he's partially blind due to a birth defect so his is pretty plain or he gets stressed out.
IMAG0432.jpg

Oh and the uv light is now mounted inside the tank.

darkon

Whats the best method for spreading the grout? I tried using it for the first time recently and it wouldn't stay down and kept pulling up.

DanaW

Almost done! Just need to get the glass cut, my dads hooking it up with bullet proof glass lol, and finish the background and bam it's done! How long will it smell like the stain for? It's been 2 days?

IMAG0471.jpg

IMAG0470.jpg

IMAG0469.jpg

quinman

I rescued this dragon from someone that had him in an aquarium full of sand with absolutely no place to hide. My friend and I built this viv with glass that is removable for cleaning and easier transport. It is 7'x2'x2'.

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo.jpg

zelphos

I'm currently building enclosures if anyone is interested. I just built this one for my beardie, its 4ft long, 2 ft high. I still have to install a small light on the bottom for some light then it's fully done.

10g9ro9.jpg

2jdrqja.jpg

rwqa1d.jpg

calipya

This is what Izzy has right now. Don't be fooled by the Zilla hood on top. Inside the hood is a ReptiSun 10.0 tube. It was just convenient that the tube fit in the hood until I can figure out a way to mount it inside the viv.

My brother is going to help me design Izzy a larger enclosure over the spring and summer. We are planning on a 72x24x24 for her. With special features, of course. She's not spoiled. She's family. ;)

IMG_1984.jpg

DanaW

zelphos":1v942ek3 said:
I'm currently building enclosures if anyone is interested. I just built this one for my beardie, its 4ft long, 2 ft high. I still have to install a small light on the bottom for some light then it's fully done.

10g9ro9.jpg

2jdrqja.jpg

rwqa1d.jpg

That looks really good. Good job on the fake rocks!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom