Viv pics only thread

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
shootthebunnies":bntkmyfk said:
Sounds like I need to scale things down a little and maybe do some more research before I dive in. I have him in a 20 gal breeder now. I have a 40 gal but I am waiting on a top then I will put him in it. I have adequate lodgings for him now so I have plenty of time to build the right viv.

What are the dimensions of the 40 gal? He'd be fine in there..

CoppersMomma

Hatchling Member
We recently revamped Copper's Viv...

Before:
Picture010.jpg

After:
Coppersre-vampedviv.jpg

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
Good change getting him closer to his heat source but considering a majority of their time is spent in their basking are your UVB light should primarily be shining on the same spot...

CoppersMomma

Hatchling Member
Cowabunga~

While I appreciate your feedback, Copper is a very active dragon. When he isn't running the house, he constantly does laps around his new vivarium. As for his lights, the arrangement encourages movement and activity, giving the dragons the exercise that they need. My boyfriend has 4 older dragons with the same setup, they are all happy, alert, and active.

Cowabunga

Hatchling Member
CoppersMomma":3rf2jxzt said:
Cowabunga~

While I appreciate your feedback, Copper is a very active dragon. When he isn't running the house, he constantly does laps around his new vivarium. As for his lights, the arrangement encourages movement and activity, giving the dragons the exercise that they need. My boyfriend has 4 older dragons with the same setup, they are all happy, alert, and active.

Not too sure what encourages movement other than the dragons personality but it was just a set ideal considering the amount of time a dragon can spend in their basking area it is always recommended they are getting proper UVBs. My UVB stretches the length of the enclosure for this very reason that I really don't have to worry about it regardless of where ever he runs. The 48" bulbs are similar in price but the fixtures are like 1/5th the price so it makes up for it.

However it does look nice and if it works then that is awesome and I can only wish you and your beardie the best. :blob8:

bltkpo

Juvie Member
41d69aea.jpg

Bindy's most recent viv redesign. He loves those floating rocks, and can be found more often or not, stretched between them and his hammock. He also likes to snooze in the dark corners before his lights go out, so he has a spot for that too. I like that he has floor space to run around on :) He has more glass dancing space too.

AmStaffPit

So I started building a new viv and cabinet about a month ago. Been working on it for a couple hours every Saturday and Sunday. Family man so a couple of hours is all I get. Still need to put a couple of more coats of grout on the styro and stain/seal everything. The rock formation will be Terracotta in color with a hint of tan. Please let me know what you think so far.
121_1994.jpg

121_1993.jpg

121_1992.jpg

121_1991.jpg

419121_298083113578455_100001303073722_763279_1498669326_n.jpg

this is dobbies new viv. hes loving it alot. next step is a rock wall :) its changed a bit now the log is flipped the other way so he gets closer to the uvb

418331_298081883578578_100001303073722_763273_1267855105_n.jpg

this is my leos new viv. :) im not sure if ill do a rock wall for her she seems to like my caves lol

KnobCreek

Still in the process of trying to complete Draco's viv. All that's left to do at the moment is to install the side vent covers and cut some trim to go along the front edges. Other than that, it's basically complete....now to begin completing the viv for Cinder.

IMG_8869.jpg

IMG_8868.jpg

It's 57"x24"x19" in dimension. I take temp readings from the basking area on the right, as well as the basking area at the top of the hide. Temps are also monitored inside the hide as well as in the center of the viv...overkill, but just wanted to make sure Draco is comfortable anywhere in his home.

Sammysmom

Hatchling Member
Yay I finally get to post in this thread. This is Blaze's viv. It's a little boring and plain but I didn't want to overwhelm Blaze with a bunch of stuff.

2012-02-19165110.jpg

DoniMars

I went through this thread over and over again, hours at a time, and decided to launch myself straight into building Freddie a more fitting home! Roped my Dad into helping me put it all together (we're both experienced builders, him more than me!), and in the space of two weeks, we had the end result. Few pics below of the finished vivarium, which is 48 inches wide, 36 inches high and 24 inches deep (36 inches high to allow for concealment of the light fittings). I did take pictures at various stages of the build and they can be seen via the link at the very end. I am still deliberating adding custom cut slate tiles to the floor, but I'm just seeing how Freddie gets on for the time being. Hope you like it!

Viv21.jpg

Viv27.jpg

Viv19.jpg

Complete album of vivarium build at the following link:

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j371/DoniMars/Freddie/

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom