Viv pics only thread

Frogsong

Here's my vivarium. 100 gallon tank. I just redecorated it this weekend.

bdviv.jpg

Here's what it used to look like. I worked hard on all that foam decor, but I found it to be too difficult to clean and too easy for their food to hide. Plus they were scratching it up and pieces of the foam was breaking off.

bdviv1.jpg

My granddaughters love them :)

Izzie

by triumphtt » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:13 pm Only thing I could see it improve would be maybe build onto the ramp with Styrofoam to give it a more rock look (unless you like the wood look) easy cheap adds a bit but I like it overall the way it is! I love this forum

by nair88 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:16 am
setup looks great!
Thanks for the kind words.
Triumphtt I was working on making Izzie a rock hide / ramp before I had to leave but I didn't get to finish it but I will probably start a new one when I get back home to my wife & Izzie I want to be able to add some plants / vines into the setup but I am not sure how I am going to be able to get them to hang as the sides are all wood even though they are sealed I don't think the suction cups that they come with will do the job and I am not sure about using hooks as I know Izzie gets into a crazy mode every now and then where Izzie likes to jump around & run like a lunatic. I think Izzie must have been a gymnast in a previous life or something :lol: I have been reading :study: up on different things on how people attach vines / plants but I am a bit lost in which direction to take, I was wondering if you or anyone else here might have an idea that is safe.

Izzie

jodyberry":18gqpnwq said:
Izzie,

Try using double-stick tape. I use this stuff - it's SUPER strong:

http://www.nextag.com/3M-MMM4011-Heavy-Duty-2496648/prices-html

You can get it at most hardware stores. Look at my post a few posts back (my recently built white viv). See the trim pieces on there? That's held with only a few small pieces of that tape! (Didn't want to permanently mount the trim yet).

Good luck...
Wow thats impressive that the tape held up the branches and that the bearded dragon is on one too thanks jody 8)

jodyberry

Hatchling Member
Izzie":3bne1alw said:
Wow thats impressive that the tape held up the branches and that the bearded dragon is on one too thanks jody 8)

Actually if you're looking at my box with the branches in it, I mounted THOSE branches with screws! They were too heavy to use that tape! I only used the tape on the white trim on the outside of the box.

triumphtt

Juvie Member
Mines finally move in ready.
Link to my site with all the pics
http://picasaweb.google.com/DaneEnterline/Enclosure?authkey=Gv1sRgCKeFs8ifodm21gE&feat=directlink

Full view. Basking spot will be on the right. Cool side on the left. Just basics inside right now. Made the hide and a wall. Wall is being grouted and sealed today.
IMG_1008.JPG

Center to Right side. Hide I made with only two sides so I can see in it. I plan on maybe putting some tint or something so we won't bug him if he wants some privacy.
IMG_1001.JPG

Flash wouldn't go off on the camera for the cool side its not really that dark
IMG_1002.JPG

Right to left shot
IMG_1004.JPG

Shot under the hide before rice pack and towels were put in
IMG_1005.JPG

Very Annoyed that I'm still taking pictures and he's trying to sleep
IMG_1014.JPG

Bernie64

Here is Boris in his playground, he explores every level everyday, he is a little more than 3 months old,
my first beardie all is going better than expected. He is a good boy, eats his veggies, crix and dubia's, likes
his bath 2 times a week and a mist in between bathing. I handle him once a day, he gives me the
signal to place him back into his home. I purchased him from Rio Reptiles, and I highly recommend
them. Being a new owner who has researched bearded dragons alot before I became an owner, I
was suprised how fast they are, and their jumping ability. I knew they grow fast when young, but wow!
its like right before my eyes. I guess I am doing things right.
Great site, thanks for looking.

S5031166.jpg

S5031162.jpg

LennyTheLizardKing

Juvie Member
Trogdorpheus":1dz34j2v said:
LennyTheLizardKing":1dz34j2v said:
4896df54.jpg

4ce096d7.jpg

Setup: 75 gal tank, 36" UVB, 90W halogen, half carpet/half tile, Digital probe thermometer and hygro meter. 12month old lizard..

That UV is lookin like it is about 3 inches from your dragon. Way too close.
The fixture is actually 6-8 inches from basking area.Its just the angle of the pic that made it look closer.
3cb36cca.jpg

Heres an updated pic aswell
DSC00587.jpg

The stand the 75gal tank is on will be modified into a nice viv when i pick up supplies.

bccrt5

Hatchling Member
20101024200442.jpg
20101024174446.jpg
20101024200427.jpg

So here is our new setup....not completely finished but so far they love it....uvb bulbs r not installed yet b/c I ordered them and the irresponsible ups guy broke them so I am waiting on a replacement. I need some suggestions of some other things to put in the cages....

Made some more progress, definitly not finished yet but its atleast to the point where he can live it in now as the rest is just cosmetics on the outside pretty much to do.

The pics suck, were taken with my phone

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
LennyTheLizardKing":3f0bnck3 said:

If I could make a humble suggestion, is there any way to secure that plateform on the rock, if your beardie should be under it and it falls he could get injured. (it looks like cement, but it may be light) Just a suggestion, because there have been horrible beadie accidents, and I don't want anything to happen to that handsome boy.

alkemisten3

Hatchling Member
THIS TOPIC SHOULD DEF. BE STICKY!
My enclosure EARLIER:
(Can only see half enclosure)
pb190161.jpg

TOMORROW I will post a new pic of the slightly remade terrarium (YES without the UVB Bulb but with Reptisun tube!)
:)
Keep posting!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom