Vet Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the vet and got Red a worm test. Test came back yesterday along with some meds. So yeah, poor thing has worms. The vet says that the only thing that kept them from eating her thin were the vitamins I've been giving her. Also should I keep giving her the vitamins or lessen the amount or something or is the worm medicine too intense to do that? She's also been taking some respiratory infection meds as well.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a good med. Not too hard on their system and doesn't require many doses. It's usually for pinworms which are common in dragons and not too tough to get rid of. When there are low counts they are often untreated because they do a pretty good job of managing them on their own. When the infestation is larger the Panacur does a nice job of knocking them out in most cases. Just be sure to sanitize everything well to prevent re-infection. Newspaper or paper towel substrate for a little while might be a good idea because it can just be thrown away when it gets soiled. Offer a little extra hydration by dripping water on her nose. She will lick it up if she wants to, but don't be forceful with it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How big is it? Clay might be able to go in the oven to sanitize via heat too depending on the type of clay.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm not sure on that. It doesn't look like it would come out in one piece easily which would make it tougher to deal with. Depending on how quickly it dries, you might be able to steam it or spray it with F10 but that may change the consistency. Adding a layer might be an option but it would wind up trapping the bacteria in a lower layer which may not be the best long term without having a working bioactive setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom